Thursday, March 23, 2017
- "Number in my phone"
- "Rite Now Rite Now"
- Track 4 (w. JDizzle, ft. Flashback)
- "Paper Planes, Naked Wraps"
Purp Reynolds - "I Go" (feat. Scoot of The Hoodstarz)
San Quinn - "San Francisco Anthem"
- "Lock The Flow" (ft. Get Ricch, Priscilla G)
- "Till the wells fall off"
- "Fresh Off Parole"
Random WhiteGuy - "Dear Momma"
Damien - "American Nightmare"
Eseibio - "10 Point Program"
Posted by Northbay Uprising Radio at 3:31 PM
Thursday, March 16, 2017
- "Bump That"
- "Vallejo Anthem"
Ice Meez - "Everybody Know Me" (ft. Sage the Gemini, Yaj-He-Spitz)
Mac Mall - "Throwin Hunnids" (ft. E. Dubb)
SmokeyD (of HWY)
- "I Roc Braids"
- "SF or Nothing"
Tru Lyric - "Do It For The Bay" (Ft. Young Fiyah)
Hazel - "Ride Or Die Girl"
The Young Messiah
- "eBay" (prod. TBlunty);
- "The Awakening" (Prod. Dustfingaz);
- "Man of the House" (w. Huck Finn & Heléna, prod. by MwangiBeatz)
Damien - "Rise Up"
Ras Ceylon - "Mind Control" (Earth Bound Mix) Feat. Tragedy Khadafi
- "Des' Brilliant Revenge" (Prod. by Kidd Tha Kraftzman)
- "Black Nexus Exodus"
Mob$ta Myk (of City Suspects) - "Its a shame"
Posted by Northbay Uprising Radio at 5:36 PM
Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or online at [is.gd/9TUmzG]. Hosted by Dr.G. [is.gd/lVybmA], Minister of Information of the Bay Area Movement for a People's Democracy (MPD) [is.gd/gq0BD3].
Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link]. Send news & info to [NorthbayUprising@) gmail.com], facebook [is.gd/FvFAHB]
Archived webpages at (archive.org) and at (archive.is) are available even if the original is taken down. News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or, of foreign governments. Circumvent "Error 451" [archive.is/WOZXx] by using the proxy server at [webproxy.to] or, by using Tor Browser [is.gd/r18EVD].
Spotlight from the Northbay Uprising Media Collective
* "Bathrobespierre's Broadsides" radio news from Santa Cruz Freek Radio, sample episode (early March, 2017) [is.gd/mpyfuZ], with Tales of Terror from Freedom SleepOut #85, a preview of Food Not Bombs founder Keith McHenry's activist presentation tomorrow at the Resource Center for Non-Violence at 6 :30 PM, and the Mission Street Crackdown on the Homeless at Safeway, Ferrell's, and 7-11...and more!
Recommended Radical Newsletters:
* "All the News You Didn’t Even Know Was Going Down" news digest (2017-03-09, Itsgoingdown.org newswire) [archive.is/zjHKU]
* Anathema magazine (Philly Anti-Cap, phlanticap.noblogs.org):
- Vol. 3 #2 (.pdf) [is.gd/cA93eM]
- Vol. 3 #3 (.pdf) [is.gd/SqJHwq]
* Sonoma Peace and Justice Center newsletter (2017-03-07) [archive.is/6r8RW]
A list of gatherings, workshops, and educational events in the greater Bay Area region
Resisting Repression: Building Autonomy and Justice in Tlaxcala, México,
featuring Luz Rivera Martinez of the Consejo National Urbano Campesino (CNUC).
Thursday, March 16 at 6 PM - 8 PM,
At the Womb Space, 3840 Finley Ave, 33arts #98, Santa Rosa, California 95407
Mexico is home to inspiring movements building autonomy and justice with dignity against great obstacles. Obstacles like the privatization of oil, communications, education and land, and the increased state repression. One of those inspiring movements is the Consejo Nacional Urbano Campesino (CNUC) which Luz Rivera Martinez belongs to.
Join Luz as she speaks about her 20 years of experience constructing autonomy, organizing outside the electoral system, and resisting genetically modified corn while protecting millennia-old varieties. She works with peasant families in Tlaxcala, Mexico - a state where corn originated, whose name means "place of the corn tortilla," and where 52 natural varieties of corn are planted. This bountiful grain was created over thousands of years, primarily by women, and has now come to feed the world.
As CNUC's lead organizer, Luz has worked tirelessly to demand government accountability, defend family farms, resist the use of GMO seeds, and build inspiring, community-based autonomous projects. CNUC has a long history of disposing of corrupt leaders, democratizing the budget, coordinating community-driven infrastructure projects, including peoples' history in education, and expanding access to healthcare.
Free event, donations welcomed
Raizes Collective @raizescollective [facebook.com/raizescollective]
Stories are reviewed and provided by Bay Area MPD Committees and Affiliates
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY
Updates on campaigns for Peace, Justice, & Freedom across the greater Bay Area, Norcal, and Socal
* "CHP Recommending Charges for Antifa at Capitol Nazi Rally Last June" (2017-03-08, nlgsac.org) [archive.is/bNOnT]:
The Sacramento Bee has reported [archive.is/WW0ya] that 106 people are facing charges from the Nazi/antifa rally at the capitol this past June. Prosecutors will consider 514 misdemeanor and 68 felony charges involving 106 people, with charges ranging from unlawful assembly to assault with a deadly weapon [archive.is/Z4ZAf].
Please contact NLG Sacramento ASAP if you or any of your friends are contacted by law enforcement. Also, stay calm and don't panic. We don't know what the DA will pursue yet.
Do not talk to the police.
* "Court Support for DAMN Member Arrested at Houselessness Protest" (2017-03-16, Direct Action Monterey Network) [archive.is/Bq8Nf]: DAMN member Max was arrested a few weeks ago by Santa Cruz police for his involvement in the Freedom Sleepers sleep-outs in front of Santa Cruz City Hall, which occurs every week.
* "Court Support: Love and Support for Michael Brewster" (2017-03-15) [archive.is/PAysU]:
Michael Brewster is back in court on Wednesday and his family is asking for our support.
On February 9th, Michael wasn't feeling quite himself. He wasn't posing a danger to anyone but he may have needed some assistance. His mom and sister-in-law, flagged the police over to ask them to call an ambulance for Michael because they thought he needed to go to the hospital.
Instead of helping Michael, they brutalized him. They punched him, struck him with their baton, several officers were on top of him despite saying multiple times that he coudn't breathe. A sherriff even kicked him in the ribs after throwing him into the jail cell. Michael was lucky to have survived this attack. It may have been worse if his mother, Trina Peters and his family didn't prevent further brutalization.
In their normal corrupt fashion, the police are charging Michael with 3 felony counts of assualt and threat of assault.
The preliminary trial starts Wednesday morning. Please come if you can! We'll be handing out heart-shaped pins to show our solidarity for Michael.
♥ Love & Justice for Michael Brewster ♥
* "Women Stand Up And Speak Out On 2017 Women's Day In SF-Defend Women And Worker Rights; Hundreds of women joined together in San Francisco to defend women and worker rights. They attacked racist attacks on immigrants and the militarization pushed by the capitalists" (2017-03-08, by Labor Video Project, laborvideo.org) [archive.is/WTO9P], attached video [youtube.com/watch?v=qNzcXoBsePo]
* "International Woman’s Day, 2017, in Oakland CA" (2017-03-09, oaklandsocialist.com) [archive.is/jowU2]
* "International Women's Day 2017 Santa Cruz; Streets in downtown Santa Cruz were shut down while many people demonstrated for International Women's Day 2017" (2017-03-08, by AutumnSun , via Indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/zlOLR]
* "Downtown Streets Blocked in Santa Cruz During International Women's Day Strike" (2017-03-10, by Alex Darocy, Indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/CLTge]
* "The police murder of Luis Demetrio Gongora Pat one year later; A struggle for decolonization and justice for all of us" (2017-03-01, by Lisa ‘Tiny’ Gray-Garcia, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/ynuKm]
* "Up in Arms: A Guide to Oregon’s Patriot Movement" (retrieved 2017-02-22, rop.org) [archive.is/YM4hL] [begin excerpt]:
Up in Arms: A Guide to Oregon’s Patriot Movement is a groundbreaking report and toolkit designed to support local communities, reporters, public officials, and community activists under siege from or curious about armed militias and other Patriot movement groups. This guide was developed by Rural Organizing Project in partnership with Political Research Associates through extensive research on the right-wing movements and by pooling the local expertise of rural community leaders and scholars. It exposes, explains, and offers alternatives to this movement.
New Patriot movement groups formed since 2008 include local affiliates of the Oath Keepers and Three Percenters, as well as the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association. Researchers estimate that dozens of groups have thousands of supporters in the state. Up In Arms also documents how the Patriot movement takes advantage of the collapse of the rural Oregon economy and funding cuts to vital community infrastructure.
Providing alternatives for communities being targeted for Patriot movement recruitment is extremely important. Rural Organizing Project offers strategies for how community members can break out of a sense of isolation, form a group, and speak out with their own vision of what the community should look like. The toolkit’s case studies of effective community resistance from five Oregon counties show how residents can successfully counter Patriot movement messaging and intimidation, and help build inclusive and democratic communities.
In April 2015, the Rural Organizing Project received a call from a local leader from rural Josephine County in southwestern Oregon. The local media was reporting that militants were maintaining an armed roadblock to a gold mine as a way of taking on the federal government. The coverage was mostly positive, explaining that the Oath Keepers, the central group in leadership, was a mere veterans’ organization.
Folks who reached out to us saw something very different – armed people from outside of Oregon coming into Josephine County, claiming to speak for the community, while openly wielding automatic rifles, putting forth conspiracy theories, and making demands of local agencies and elected officials. When those with the most guns assert the right to speak for any community, it is an affront to democracy. Many local residents and neighbors immediately recognized it as a serious threat to their sacred community. They asked us, “What can we do?”
Josephine County turned out to be the first in a string of small towns and rural communities in Oregon facing armed confrontations, attempts to take over local governments, and militants bullying political opponents with the aim of silencing criticism. We knew a struggle for the hearts and minds of rural Oregon was underway and our response needed to be swift and decisive. Our beloved communities were under siege. [end excerpt]
Photo caption: Members of the Oath Keepers patrol the Sugar Pine mine near Grants Pass, Oregon in 2015.
* "Dispatches from the Borderlands: It is the intention of this ongoing column to highlight issues, points of reference, lessons and possibilities gleaned from the years we’ve spent in the borderlands resisting occupation, incarceration, and deportation" (2017-03-09, Itsgoingdown.org newswire) [archive.is/y0YGy]
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY: Updates on campaigns across the Nation!
* "Florida: #StopSabalTrail Student Walk-Out 101" (2017-03-09, Sabal Trail Pipeline Resistance, via Itsgoingdown.org newswire) [archive.is/IHEQ9]
* "Scotland: Solidarity with #StopSabalTrail and #NoDAPL from Faslane Peace Camp" (2017-03-10, Itsgoingdown.org newswire) [archive.is/qG9ZT]
* "Advocates turn focus to Minnesota oil pipeline; Plan to double the capacity of the Alberta Clipper oil pipeline draws fury from activity community" (2017-03-08, UPI newswire) [archive.is/IrtWV]
* "Over 1000 join Chicago International Women’s Day rally" (2017-03-09, fightbacknews.org) [archive.is/zdw8Z]
* "Minnesota protesters disrupt Trump rally at capitol SDS aims to 'Make Racists Afraid Again' " (2017-03-04, fightbacknews.org) [archive.is/5pyGR]:
On Saturday, March 4, nearly 100 protesters confronted a pro-Trump rally at Minnesota's state capitol in Saint Paul. The gathering, called for by the University of Minnesota chapter of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS), marched into the Trump rally, disrupted it with chants, air horns and whistles. Physical skirmishes resulted. The anti-Trump protest was organized under the slogan "Make Racists Afraid Again."
Some of the pro-Trump supporters carried signs identifying them with the white supremacist ‘Alt-Right’ movement. The protesters effectively shut down the rally for the hour and a half that they were in the state capitol building. Observers noted that it was nearly impossible to hear the speeches from the stage.
The March 4 Trump rally ended approximately a half hour after the protesters left the building amongst heightened tensions between rally participants and the protesters. In addition to physical struggle for space between the two groups, several protesters were attacked by coordinated groups of men which put them in headlocks, held people in place to be beaten by their friends, and broke sound equipment and peoples' personal items. Protesters worked in unison to defend individuals from these attacks and continue the disruption. The protesters took the example of Chicago, where SDS and other groups shut down a Trump campaign rally in March of 2016.
By the end of the action at least five protesters were arrested. The are currently being charged with trumped-up second-degree riot charges for allegedly having smoke-producing items or fireworks at the protest.
At the end of the action, SDS organizers emphasized the importance of the action, with Matt Boynton stating, "The movement against Trump is only gaining steam, next time there will be three times or ten times as many of us, and even today we shut down a rally where literal neo-nazis and white supremacists were gathered alongside other right-wing elements, and, importantly, we stood together in self-defense; protecting ourselves from right-wing attacks and embracing a diversity of tactics as something appropriate and necessary moving forward."
Protesters passed around a bucket to collect bail money for the arrested individuals.
Photo caption: Anti Trump protesters hold banner saying "Y'all racists," in MN Capitol.
* "Izzy Award to be Shared by Journalists Who Exposed Private Prison Abuses and Voter Suppression Efforts; ‘America Divided’ Docu-Series Also Honored" (2017-03-10, ithaca.edu/rhp/independentmedia) [archive.is/4KEPq]
TOWARDS REVOLUTIONARY SOLUTIONS
* "Emerging fear-states": Mumia Abu-Jamal’s speech to the Rosa Luxemburg Conference (2017-03-10) [archive.is/2ucgQ], photo caption: Only a mass movement can wipe the smirks from the faces of billionaire global would-be dictators like Silvio Belusconi and Donald Trump.
[begin excerpt]: What is happening in America and Europe bears study and reflection. On the surface, we see a rightist drift, as fearful, resentful publics empower forms of politics that promise safety, especially regarding terror attacks that have blown up and bloodied world capitals recently.If we look closer, however, we see how economic insecurity, driven by the investor class, has waged an austerity war against working-class and poor people. For economic insecurity begets political insecurity.
If we couple this with the phenomenon of rich people taking office, we see how the superrich are no longer content with renting or buying politicians.
They’ve cut out the middle man – and wage class war themselves. Thus, we have Berlusconi, the media magnate, in Italy, and Trump, a real estate developer, in the U.S. They run to enrich themselves – and their class – in naked expressions of crony capitalism. [end excerpt]
* "Collective liberation: The time is NOW" (2017-03-02, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/G1vUg] [begin excerpt]: Now you may wonder why, amidst all the manifestations of social injustice, we choose to focus on symbols. Well, it’s simple. Not only do we recognize White Supremacy as the binding glue of all other forms of modern systemic oppression – it’s the middle ground between age-old hetero-patriarchy, misogyny and xenophobia and more recently classism and its manifestations: systemic poverty, mass incarceration, environmental racism, lack of affordable housing and workers’ rights, etc. – but we also believe that from the names of public spaces to the art we use to decorate our city, the external material world reflects the internal psychological one. Or as the ancient Hermetic wisdom teaches us, “As above, so below.”
In New Orleans, what we see externally are countless schools named after White Supremacists like John McDonogh, for example, who’s got a statue right here in Duncan Plaza and was the biggest slave-owner in Louisiana history. Yet the most prominent historically Black co-ed high school in the city bears his name. Not to mention major streets like Claiborne, Bienville and Iberville, all named after slave-owners and White Supremacists.
And what we see above us is no better. We look up to Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederacy, as his monument sits some 20-odd feet high on a street also named after him. We look up to P.G.T. Beauregard, a Louisiana lieutenant in the Confederacy, as he sits atop his horse in front of the New Orleans Museum of Art.
- Black New Orleans still hasn’t recovered the numbers it once had, but it’s growing and coming back stronger than ever a dozen years after Katrina.
- On the day of the inauguration of the “Fourth Reich,” as Quess? calls it, Take Em Down NOLA and other groups turned out a huge crowd in New Orleans.
* "Militant Tactics Against the Right" (2017-02-24, Against the Grain, kpfa.org) [is.gd/XUjTie]:
In the aftermath of the shutdown of far right celebrity Milo Yiannapoulos at UC Berkeley, there’s been much debate among progressives and leftists about the use of militant tactics against the right. Some of the questions under contention are whether militant tactics bring down repression on the most vulnerable, and whether free speech—even for fascists—is sacrosanct. Undocumented UC Berkeley student Juan Prieto talks about why he supported the shutdown. And Kieran discusses the history of the group Anti-Racist Action and makes the case for mass militant organizing and action.
- Twin Cities General Defense Committee [twincitiesgdc.org]
- Building Working-Class Defense Organizations: An Interview with the Twin Cities GDC [is.gd/9hGrUO]
- A History of Anti-Racist Action [archive.is/yPE2r]
* "Claim No Easy Victories: A History and Analysis of Anti-Racist Action" (2002, .pdf file) [is.gd/oRqRYF], (posted with an intro 2017-02-15, m1aa.org) [archive.is/q927v]
* "Forming an Antifa Group: A Manual" [itsgoingdown.org/forming-an-antifa-group-a-manual/]
* "Fighting Fascism in the Face of State Repression" (2017-03-09, by Sacramento Antifa) [archive.is/LPDTe]
* "Interview: AntiFa means no free speech for fascism" (2017-02-27, blackrosefed.org) [archive.is/3k48h] [begin excerpt]: Anti-fascism is as old as… fascism. And, so, certainly in the 1920s and 1930s, as fascist regimes in Italy and Germany started to gain political prominence, a number of left political groupings—socialists, anarchists, communists—started to organize primarily self-defense units, initially, because part of the Nazi and the Italian fascist modus operandi was to organize paramilitary units that would terrorize their left opponents. So, the different communist parties and socialist parties would organize their own anti-fascist militias—one of which was called Anti-Fascist Action, the first group to use the name that’s now become common for anti-fascist organizations around the world, and the derivation of the shortened term, Antifa. Moving into the 1930s, the Spanish Civil War and the struggle against Franco spread anti-fascist organizing around the world. Then, in the 1980s and 1990s, you have a re-birth of anti-fascist organizing, especially starting in Britain and Germany, as neo-Nazis started to target migrants and other marginalized communities. What we see today is the spread of that to the United States and beyond. [...]
The liberal ideal is that the government is a referee in a game that all parties are invited to play. But, in actual fact, whenever left groups have become threatening, you get Red Scares, you get repression, you get COINTELPRO in the 1960s and 70s. And so, anti-fascists are arguing that we want a political context to how we look at speech and society which is drastically different from a liberal take, and that this entails shutting down the extreme manifestations of fascism and neo-Nazism. We need to recognize that this is not simply a question of whether a fascist government will come to power or not. (I’m skeptical that such an explicitly fascist government would come to be.) But that those who carry out hate crimes, they feel emboldened when their ideas become mainstream. So, the idea with anti-fascist politics is to prevent those ideas from having that opportunity. [end excerpt]
* " 'The Poster Wars': Fighting Fascism on the Street Level" (2017-03-10, thetransmetropolitanreview.wordpress.com) [archive.is/sMt1h] [begin excerpt]:
In early December, 2016, fake Emerald City Antifa (now Pacific Northwest Intersectional Anti-Fascist Network) posters appeared in the U-District, reading: “When you date a white it’s not alright/Propagation of whites is propagation of hatred, oppression, homophobia, sexism, transphobia, racism, ableism. This will not be tolerated/You have been warned!” Emerald City Antifa quickly declared to posters to be fake . Alt-right trolls have circulated templates for similar fake antifa posters online, and many of the posters were put up next to posters for a Cascadian white nationalist group. Similarly—possibly by the same people—a fake antifa group called “Action Front! Collective” appears to have been set-up by white supremacists. They have postered on Capitol Hill and created a website, actionfrontblog.wordpress.com. They set-up several fake “Seattle Antifa” social media accounts, at twitter.com/seattleantifa, seattleantifa.tumblr.com, and facebook.com/Action-Front-138904783253471/. Many alt-right people have been setting up such “honey pot” fake-antifa social media accounts to collect information on the Left in the last few months 9.
On the night of February 15th, 2017, three neo-Nazis were nearly caught in the act outside the UW-Seattle Glenn Hughes Theater 10. They left posters for “AtomWaffen Division” with straight-up Nazi imagery across campus, including a call to “drive out sodomites and degenerates.” They posted a Youtube video of themselves putting up the posters and doing a fascist salute outside Sieg Hall. The UW police stepped up patrols outside the theater, and UWPD Major Steve Rittereiser told a reporter: “For some people, [those flyers are] going to be clearly offensive. For others it’s going to be seen as not offensive. We are an open campus that respects freedom of speech, freedom of expression, so we will let people judge that in a way they want to. Obviously, if you find it offensive you’ll want to stay away from that.” 11 Quotes like this, and police inaction after the Red Square shooting on January 20th, make it clear we cannot rely on the police to protect us.
In response to all this, people have been removing racist propaganda, and some are putting up antifa posters and stickers. One group collected reports of white supremacist propaganda through firstname.lastname@example.org, and made a map of incidents available at pugetsoundanarchists.org 12. The map lists 112 documented incidents over the last several months. This includes 45 posters and stickers for The Right Stuff, concentrated in the U-District and downtown Bellevue; 26 Identity Europa posters and stickers, mostly on UW campus and Capitol Hill; 19 American Renaissance tags, another white supremacist group, almost all in the Central District; and six swastikas, mostly in the U-District. [end excerpt]
* "Recent Rise in Racist & Fascist Propaganda in Seattle Area & Beyond" (2016-10-05, pugetsoundanarchists.org) [archive.is/c6NnM]
* "Anarchist action despite state repression; The lines below are written from personal experiences of action with anarchist positions and meeting with police and judicial repression as a direct consequence" (2017-02-23, MASS-FAO-IFA) [archive.is/rTY3Q] [begin excerpt]:
When the police decided to act, be sure that by then certainly collected enough data to find out your habits, social contacts and networks that you use for the mobilization in your actions. To collect the data used in the control of which can flow through interviews, photography, physical surveillance, wiretapping mobile devices, monitoring of orders on the Internet, such as your e-mail, Facebook account or by inserting listening devices in the room where you are staying. Some parts of the work carried out by the "old-fashioned", and that their turn informers who are recruited by fear, extortion or salary. It is no news that every country has the secret service, which is provided with its own infrastructure, so control your movement is not a problem, indeed the existence of GPS (global positioning system) in your mobile devices and IP (Internet Protocol) between your computer and the Internet the job is easier than ever.
Operatives can rent an apartment next to your order you had your eye on for 24 hours a day, you follow and record your contacts and habits, while the more daring can try to get into your society. In addition to paid operatives can count on people who have "owed" to the police. Paid operatives and "debtors" will try to gain your trust in order to obtain information about your activities or be drawn into potentially dangerous situations (usually by persuasion to senseless violent actions, operations arms, etc. In the context of when it has no justification, and danger of bringing real). There are people who are just scared and decide "Drukat", due to lack of spine or concerns for your family and workplace. It should all be aware of calm or pay dearly staying without freedom. [end excerpt]
information collected by the Worker's Defense Committee [is.gd/VOkmLr]
* "Santa Cruz Safeway: Remove Driscoll's Berries! In solidarity with farmworkers in San Quintín, Mexico who are fighting for union contracts, we are asking Safeway in Santa Cruz to discontinue carrying Driscoll's" (2017-03-08, Indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/J49W9]:
In an effort to keep pressure on Driscoll's, we are asking Safeway in Santa Cruz, California to discontinue carrying this brand, in solidarity with farm workers in San Quintín, Mexico who are fighting for union contracts. These workers are getting paid $6 an hour for 12-15 hours worth of manual labor. Workers are being forced to skip breaks, work in proximity to dangerous chemicals, and are devoid of medical insurance. While workers in the U.S. have recently been granted the right to form a union, there are still widespread instances of low wages & unsafe working conditions.
No on deserves to labor so intensely under such harsh conditions so that you can have fresh fruit on your table.
We are a group of students from the University of California, Santa Cruz trying to make a change by bringing food justice to our local community and beyond. Please help us by signing the petition and standing with us to urge Safeway to stop profiting from the exploitation of human beings. They hold the power to change the system and to help move towards fair working conditions for field laborers, and it is up to us to hold them accountable. We have a right to know where our food comes from and whose hands have labored to provide for us. We therefore should not continue to support a brand that does not value the dignity of its workers.
Will you join us?
Sign this petition [is.gd/IRsfjC].
For more information on the Driscoll's boycott, please visit [boycott-driscolls.org/].
* "Milwaukee Public Museum workers fight layoffs" (2017-03-10, fightbacknews.org) [archive.is/Lj1Sq]
* "Uber pushes back on Seattle drivers’ efforts to unionize" (2017-03-13, rt.com) [archive.is/8SqBU]
Updates from the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU), 92 Million Strong, Worldwide! (wftucentral.org):
UNI Global Union, more than 20 million workers worldwide [uniglobalunion.org/]
HANDS OFF OUR HOMES!
* "Trump’s Proposed Cuts Risk Slashing Rental Aid" (2017-03-06, cbpp.org) [archive.is/3tWdA]
* "Trump regime may cut HUD’s budget by $6 billion or more" (2017-03-08, by Lynda Carson, Indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/Hz2Y1]
* "Proposed budget cuts threaten millions of HUD subsidized low-income renters" (2017-02-19, by Lynda Carson, poormagazine.org) [archive.is/ZKu2N]
Documenting human-rights abuse by domestic security agencies
[NorthbayCopwatch.blogspot.com] [copblock.org] [wecopwatch.org] [filmingcops.com]
* "Police Department Bombshell: ICE Inside SCPD" (2017-03-06, by Chris Krohn, via Indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/MatYx] [begin excerpt]:
The bomb blast you may not have heard or felt last week came during the ninth hour (10:20pm) of the Santa Cruz City Council meeting of February 24th. During a lengthy discussion about whether Santa Cruz should have both a sanctuary city resolution and an ordinance provision, several community members asserted at the public podium that Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) has a desk inside the Santa Cruz Police Department. When the conversation came back to the council, Vice-mayor David Terazzas said people should be careful in making accusations about the police. Councilmember Sandy Brown chimed in that she had an email from Santa Cruz County supervisor, John Leopold corroborating the existence of HSI’s physical presence within one of our city’s public safety facilities. With that, Police Chief Kevin Vogel spoke up. Yes, in fact “an agent (from HSI-ICE) has had a desk at SCPD” since 2009, he said. Vogel followed up that comment with, “my intention is to serve the DHS (Department of Homeland Security, HSI’s parent organization) agent with an eviction.”
Move him out of the facility in other words? [end excerpt]
* "One man fatally shot by Napa police near Home Depot" (2017-03-13, napavalleyregister.com) [archive.is/jvYsX]
* "Authorities identify man killed in Napa Police shooting" (2017-03-14, napavalleyregister.com) [archive.is/oz6C5]
[comment]: Napa police shot and killed a homeless youth thanks to social stigma against mental health and general disdain towards the youth. Napa county treats the youth, homeless, and others on the fringes like pariah and eye sores. I share a community with many people who believe it's thier own fault for getting killed for being "crazy".
How many homeless youth have to get killed until this community starts giving a shit? Is this one enough?
* "Vallejo: The Bay Area's Leader in Police Violence" (2017-03-13, scottmorris.news) [archive.is/fLQcs]
* "Outrage at heavily-tattooed California cop who was caught on camera punching an unarmed man and threatening witnesses with his gun" (2017-03-12, dailymail.co.uk) [archive.is/GvmyH]
* "Brutal Police Takedown In Vallejo Draws Cries Of Excessive Force" (2017-03-11, sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com) [archive.is/1LOWR]
* "Police Brutality in Vallejo, California" (posted 2017-03-11, via Indybay.org newswire) [archive.is/3YScw]:
On March 11, 2017, videos were uploaded to social media showing police in Vallejo, California brutalizing an individual.
The incident took place on Fairgrounds Drive in front of the Valero gas station at Fairgrounds Drive and Gateway Drive. It may have occurred earlier that same day or the day prior.
The Vallejo police officer has been identified as an ex-Marine named Spencer Muniz-Bottomley. He graduated from the Napa Valley Police Academy on June 13, 2015. The officer was recognized for his leadership, problem solving and communication skills ... as demonstrated in the videos.
Watch the videos:
- Video #1 [is.gd/QZw81A]
- Video #2 [is.gd/S5r1zd]
- [archive.is/umah2]: Vallejo cop Spencer Muniz-Bottomley pulls his arm back while making a fist.
- [archive.is/VDBQN]: After Vallejo cop Spencer Muniz-Bottomley pulls his arm back and makes a fist, he punches the person in the face.
- [archive.is/kehfs]: Vallejo cop Spencer Muniz-Bottomley grabs his gun.
- [archive.is/HMhDq]: Vallejo cop Spencer Muniz-Bottomley uses a metal flashlight to repeatedly strike the person.
* "Personnel: New Hires" (2015-06-26, Vallejo City Manager’s Bi-Weekly Report Volume 3, Issue 18) (.pdf) [is.gd/ssTSib] [begin excerpt]:
Officer Spencer Muniz-Bottomley was born in Suisun City and attended school in El Dorado Hills, California. He volunteered as a Vallejo Police Explorer during high school, and after graduation in 2009, enlisted in the US Marine Corps. Spencer deployed to the Helmand Province in Afghanistan as a part of Operation Enduring Freedom. Spencer maintained an exemplary record as Marine Corporal, earning a number of awards and decorations, including the National Defense Service Medal, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, Combat Action Ribbon and three Afghanistan Campaign Medals. Spencer graduated from the Napa Valley Police Academy on Saturday, June 13, ranking second in his class. He was recognized for his leadership, problem solving and communication skills. [end excerpt]
* "Brutal But Necessary" (2017-03-12, lawofficer.com) [archive.is/IAGz5] [begin excerpt]: Yes, what is seen in camera may look bad and it may even look “brutal” as some witnesses said, but what the officer uses are techniques that are absolutely appropriate for the situation and trained in every police academy in this country. [end excerpt]
[comment]: I have watched that video so many times, and I am dropping the bullshit flag on that article from lawofficer! It is chockfull-o-alternative facts.
- (1) The man did not sit down in the middle of the street as claimed, but is clearly sitting on the median strip.
- (2) The officer did not attempt to gain control of the man in any way, shape, or form, before throwing the man to the ground and pounding the man with his fists.
- (3) The man did indeed continue to struggle, with someone who was beating him with a weapon. It's pretty much impossible to allow someone to beat the hell out of you and not struggle against your attacker. FACT.
- (4) The man was never given an opportunity to "roll onto his stomach and place his hands behind his back" as suggested by this seriously biased article. He had sat down on a curb and was attacked by a man with a badge and a gun.
- (5, 6, 7, and 8) If "compliance through pain" is the preferred method of modern police training in all situations, and I am beginning to believe that it is, then perhaps it's time to reconsider what we as citizens are paying for. To state that the man 'retained no injuries' is just ludicrous. That officer was ‘pumped up’ and not in control of his actions. That is a fact to anyone but law enFORCEment watching this video.
I have never been anti-police, and will support our officers with gusto when they are behaving like officers. But when they behave like thugs under the color of the badge, then I have a problem with it. We must expect better.
* (2017-03-15, Cyndi Mitchell, Justice for Mario Romero):
Many people are tired of seeing the video of Vallejo Police Officer Muniz-Bottomley beating a disabled handcuffed man with his fists and then a flash light, unfortunately the harsh reality is many of us are tired of living the reality that accepts false police narrative.
Grim reality haunts us each with a society that attempts to turn a criminal into a victim because he wears a badge. A society that criminalizes disability and praises police who could consciously deny a man medical treatment because he has been pounced on and pummeled by tattooed fists for being "Unlucky".
The United States has a history of hiding the truth ,the continued concealment of police abuse and killings is a standard order of business. Those of you who seek to conceal the truth have the luxuary of closing your eyes and shedding tears not for the dead or battered but for the inconvience of having your false heroes exposed.
You put down people based on a false narrative created by your heroes while in denial of internal biases created to cast people whose skin color is darker in an unfavorable light. Your selfishness has allowed you to forget that a man who is disabled is sitting in jail instead of receiving medical treatment because of a police lie and beating. A man is charged with resisting arrest where no crime has been committed...What if this was your son or daughter, disabled and in need of medical treatment? What if it was your son,daughter or father or mother murdered by police who created many lies to cover their crimes. What if your their body had holes like this? These are the wounds to Mario Romero's body. These are bullet holes that tell a story of a man, trapped a seatbelt and used as target practice by police yet they'd like for you to believe their lies. #30FactsFor30Bullets #Justice4MarioRomero #JusticeForMarioRomero #Jail4SeanKenney #Jail4DustinJoseph #JailKillerVallejoCopsNow #JailKillerCopsNow #BlueLivesMurder #NoJusticeNoPeace #Vallejo #VPD #PoliceLies
* "Oakland Cops Scandal: Can You Say 'Coverup'?" (2017-03-06, oaklandsocialist.com) [archive.is/xfQ8p]: About a year ago, it was revealed that an under age sex worker in Oakland had been traded around by the Oakland Cops like an old baseball player [archive.is/1u2sw]. When Oakland Mayor Libby “Yuppie” Schaaf couldn’t contain the scandal, she hired the San Francisco law firm of Morin Jacob to “investigate.” In the San Francisco Chronicle of today (March 6) it is revealed that this firm basically produced nothing in exchange for the $11,000 they were paid.
But not so fast. They didn’t produce nothing; they produced a valuable cover-up for Schaaf, the OPD and the rest of them. Who, after all, is this law firm? They are a firm tha typically represents police departments and cities against lawsuits!
This is simply a case of the police – or in this case their representatives – “investigating” themselves.
Can you say “cover up”?
Photo caption: Morin Jacob. Her resume explains that she handles defense of employers against discrimination suits as well as defending cities, police departments, etc.
* "LA County sheriff to spend $300k on gold belt buckles for deputies" (2017-03-15, rt.com) [archive.is/3cslp]
* "Sacramento, CA: “CHP= Nazi Sympathizers” Graffiti" (2017-03-10, Itsgoingdown.org newswire) [archive.is/VxNsI]:
Spotted on Highway 80 in Sacramento close to Cal Expo.
CHP, shame shame, we know your name. Only several miles away from the capitol where you protected neo-Nazis, a mosque was attacked and vandalized. For decades white nationalists have assaulted and attacked working people in this area – and now you seek to attack those that would stand up to them in self-defense.
The people will rise to meet you; to protect those that would stand up to authoritarianism and white supremacy.
Drop the charges! Down with fascism! Fuck the police!
NORTHBAY COPWATCH: Domestic Security Agencies and private-sector partners
[icwatch.transparencytoolkit.org]; "The Gentleperson’s Guide To Forum Spies (Spooks, Feds, etc.)" [archive.is/rBbXu]
* "Big Brother Spying in America. Perilously Close to a 'Totalitarian State' " (2017-03-09, by Stephen Lendman) [archive.is/1dJjp]
* "The CIA vs. Donald Trump; CIA Whistleblower: Agency has Neither Oversight nor Conscience" (2017-03-10, whowhatwhy.org) [archive.is/EQmOO]
* "FBI not obligated to share rules for spying on journalists, judge rules" (2017-03-15, rt.com) [archive.is/OBcbH]
* "America in Turmoil: From Deep State Insurgency to Deep State Spying – WikiLeaks’ Vault 7" (2017-03-10, by Joachim Hagopian) [archive.is/hBAp9]
* "Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed" (wikileaks.org) analysis [archive.is/UmWIB], documents [archive.is/9xApS] [begin excerpt]:
Recently, the CIA lost control of the majority of its hacking arsenal including malware, viruses, trojans, weaponized "zero day" exploits, malware remote control systems and associated documentation. This extraordinary collection, which amounts to more than several hundred million lines of code, gives its possessor the entire hacking capacity of the CIA. The archive appears to have been circulated among former U.S. government hackers and contractors in an unauthorized manner, one of whom has provided WikiLeaks with portions of the archive.
"Year Zero" introduces the scope and direction of the CIA's global covert hacking program, its malware arsenal and dozens of "zero day" weaponized exploits against a wide range of U.S. and European company products, include Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and Microsoft's Windows and even Samsung TVs, which are turned into covert microphones.
Since 2001 the CIA has gained political and budgetary preeminence over the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA). The CIA found itself building not just its now infamous drone fleet, but a very different type of covert, globe-spanning force — its own substantial fleet of hackers. The agency's hacking division freed it from having to disclose its often controversial operations to the NSA (its primary bureaucratic rival) in order to draw on the NSA's hacking capacities.
By the end of 2016, the CIA's hacking division, which formally falls under the agency's Center for Cyber Intelligence (CCI), had over 5000 registered users and had produced more than a thousand hacking systems, trojans, viruses, and other "weaponized" malware. Such is the scale of the CIA's undertaking that by 2016, its hackers had utilized more code than that used to run Facebook. The CIA had created, in effect, its "own NSA" with even less accountability and without publicly answering the question as to whether such a massive budgetary spend on duplicating the capacities of a rival agency could be justified.
In a statement to WikiLeaks the source details policy questions that they say urgently need to be debated in public, including whether the CIA's hacking capabilities exceed its mandated powers and the problem of public oversight of the agency. The source wishes to initiate a public debate about the security, creation, use, proliferation and democratic control of cyberweapons.
Once a single cyber 'weapon' is 'loose' it can spread around the world in seconds, to be used by rival states, cyber mafia and teenage hackers alike. [...]
The increasing sophistication of surveillance techniques has drawn comparisons with George Orwell's 1984, but "Weeping Angel", developed by the CIA's Embedded Devices Branch (EDB), which infests smart TVs, transforming them into covert microphones, is surely its most emblematic realization.
The attack against Samsung smart TVs was developed in cooperation with the United Kingdom's MI5/BTSS. After infestation, Weeping Angel places the target TV in a 'Fake-Off' mode, so that the owner falsely believes the TV is off when it is on. In 'Fake-Off' mode the TV operates as a bug, recording conversations in the room and sending them over the Internet to a covert CIA server.
As of October 2014 the CIA was also looking at infecting the vehicle control systems used by modern cars and trucks. The purpose of such control is not specified, but it would permit the CIA to engage in nearly undetectable assassinations.
The CIA's Mobile Devices Branch (MDB) developed numerous attacks to remotely hack and control popular smart phones. Infected phones can be instructed to send the CIA the user's geolocation, audio and text communications as well as covertly activate the phone's camera and microphone. [...]
These techniques permit the CIA to bypass the encryption of WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Wiebo, Confide and Cloackman by hacking the "smart" phones that they run on and collecting audio and message traffic before encryption is applied. [...]
Over the last three years the United States intelligence sector, which consists of government agencies such as the CIA and NSA and their contractors, such as Booz Allan Hamilton, has been subject to unprecedented series of data exfiltrations by its own workers.
A number of intelligence community members not yet publicly named have been arrested or subject to federal criminal investigations in separate incidents.
Most visibly, on February 8, 2017 a U.S. federal grand jury indicted Harold T. Martin III with 20 counts of mishandling classified information. The Department of Justice alleged that it seized some 50,000 gigabytes of information from Harold T. Martin III that he had obtained from classified programs at NSA and CIA, including the source code for numerous hacking tools.
Once a single cyber 'weapon' is 'loose' it can spread around the world in seconds, to be used by peer states, cyber mafia and teenage hackers alike. [end excerpt]
* "#Vault7: Key revelations from WikiLeaks’ release of CIA hacking tools" (2017-02-11, rt.com) [archive.is/C52fP]
* "Top 15 Discoveries & Implications of Wikileaks CIA Vault 7 – So Far" (2017-03-10, wakingtimes.com) [archive.is/VCfpc]
* "CIA contractors likely source of latest WikiLeaks release: U.S. officials" (2017-03-08, Reuters newswire) [archive.is/66FJP]
* "#Vault7 hacking leak clearly an 'inside job' – former CIA deputy director" (2017-03-11, rt.com) [archive.is/7gMHi]
* " ‘No such thing as absolute privacy in America’ – FBI Director Comey" (2017-03-19, rt.com) [archive.is/UjWrb]
* "16 Year Congressman: CIA Leak Shows We’re 'Sliding Down the Slippery Slope Toward Totalitarianism, Where Private Lives Do Not Exist' " (2017-03-10, washingtonsblog.com) [archive.is/vBoq9]
* "Wikileaks ‘Vault 7’ document dump proves massive CIA spying; Julian Assange's latest release makes it clear that the CIA can spy on anyone, anytime, anywhere through just about every modern electronic device" (2017-03-08, theduran.com) [archive.is/v38RE]
* "WikiLeaks, “Year Zero” and the CIA Hacking Files" (2017-03-10, by Dr. Binoy Kampmark) [archive.is/0ChaH]
* "Wikileaks Releases 'Year Zero': CIA Hacking Capabilities Revealed!" (2017-03-07, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/1glfj]
* "Wikileaks Under Attack as It Releases Key to 'Year Zero' Data Dump" (2017-03-07, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/DIkRl]
* "WikiLeaks will give tech companies exclusive access to CIA #Vault7 hacking tools - Assange" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/Hk1XM]
* "#Vault7: Assange backs ‘Digital Geneva Convention’ to curb use of state spying arsenals" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/LD9Ob]
* " ‘Not exactly a bastion of truth’: CIA hits back at Assange after WikiLeaks #Vault7 release" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/S3vdz]
* "Assange denies Russian funding, blasts MSM coverage of #Vault7" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/79vbs]
* "China urges US to stop hacking other countries following #Vault7 release" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/c5QDF]
* "8,000 Documents Detail CIA Crimes — But US Media Won’t Touch Them; Hats off to our so-called free press" (2017-02-08, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/KejME]
* "#Vault7: Intel Security releases new detection tools following WikiLeaks’ CIA revelations" (2017-03-11, rt.com) [archive.is/AV6UR]
* "85% of world’s smart phones ‘weaponized’ by CIA" (2017-03-07, rt.com) [archive.is/VGpzB]
* "Amazon Echo shuts down over CIA connection query" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/rVwCm]
* " ‘I’m not sure’: Smart devices dodge questions on CIA links" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/XauGS]
* "Kellyanne Conway claims microwaves could have spied on Trump" (2017-03-13, rt.com) [archive.is/cNtu1] [begin excerpt]: “What I can say is there are many ways to surveil each other,” Conway told Mike Kelly from USA Today [archive.is/4rh80] when asked about the allegations that Trump Tower was wiretapped. “You can surveil someone through their phones, certainly through their television sets — any number of different ways. Microwaves that turn into cameras,” adding: “We know this is a fact of modern life.”
Conway’s comments received ridicule on social media, with Twitter users accusing Trump’s former campaign manager of paranoia.
Her claims may not be as ridiculous as they seem though, with the Internet of Things now possessing a number of kitchen appliances, including microwaves, some of which contain a microphone to assist with voice control. Lest we forget what WikiLeaks taught us last week, if something is on the internet, it’s probably watching, or at least listening. [end excerpt]
* "The SMART Deception: The SMART deception is the propaganda surrounding the technology of the planned centralized grid of control. Smart technology is actually spy technology" (2013-12-21, freedom-articles.toolsforfreedom.com) [archive.is/lCAos]
* "Billion Dollar New Mexico Ghost Town To Be Prototype 'Smart City' " (2012-05-10, themarysue.com) [archive.is/59YSa]
* "Spying Is Lying, Spies Tell Lies" (2017-03-09, by Jon Rappoport) [archive.is/v0kU5] [begin excerpt]: Spies tell lies. A day without lying is a day without joy.
Spies play chess. “Well, when we leak THIS information to the press, they’ll emphasize the source of the leak (of course we know it’s a fake source we’ve chosen). But when we leak THAT information, the press will emphasize the content of the leak—which is what we want them to do in that case.”
Naïve people are shocked that the CIA could have fabricated the whole “Russia hacked the US election” story. But this is what the CIA does. This is another day at the office. [...]
The CIA is a reality-creator and a reality-destroyer. They pick and choose what to do in each situation. But it would be folly to imagine Agency people always do brilliant work. They mis-estimate blowback. They fail to handle blowback. They try to pick an outside scapegoat on whom to blame the blowback. They try to limit the blowback by defaming, discrediting, blackmailing, or killing people.
They rewrite history. They change sequences of events. They invent events that never happened. They blame people who don’t even exist. They present themselves as bumblers, to hide their more intelligent operations. They hold forums designed to show their work as superficial information-gathering, as if they were little more than a think-tank. They pretend to cooperate with Congress, while they spy on Congress.
Meanwhile, the press pretends to hold an innocent and respectful view of the CIA, dutifully reporting every piece of information that comes their way from the Agency. “Today, the CIA disclosed…” Disclosed? Or fabricated?
The CIA is perhaps the biggest fake news operation in the world. It exhales fake news as matter of course.
So naturally, it attracts men and women who have a bias in favor of fabricating. “Do you dream about lying with impunity? Contact our personnel office for employment opportunities.”
If a lie serves a greater truth, release the lie. If a truth serves a greater lie, tell the truth.
The old dictum, “garbage in, garbage out,” doesn’t apply to the Agency. The CIA is the Garbage Man for the known universe. [end excerpt]
* "Torture and Assassination as Policy The CIA’s Secret Killers" (2014-12-19, counterpunch.org) [archive.is/1NZQ8]
* "Here Comes the Police State: New Laws Aim for Brutal Crackdown on Protest; Draconian bills are advancing at state level under cover of Trump's "law and order" platform" (2017-02-24, alternet.org) [archive.is/qLFp1]
* "Why is DHS Labeling Protesters 'Domestic Terrorists'?" (2017-03-10, by Mat dos Santos, Legal Director, ACLU of Oregon, aclu.org) [is.gd/Bkv24a] [begin excerpt]:
Earlier this week, we learned that people in Portland organizing against police killings of Black men, white nationalist politicians, and the countless systems of racism throughout our local, state, and federal governments are now considered “domestic terrorists” by Department of Homeland Security [archive.is/286qp]. Why? Because the Portland Police Bureau labeled the November 10, 2016 protest a “riot” [archive.is/wQ0u3]. [...]
Last year, Oregonians were shocked to learn that an agent in the Oregon Department of Justice searched Twitter for the hashtag “Black Lives Matter” and used results to determine that the head of the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division was a potential threat to the police [archive.is/DhzOw]. The agent decided to search for the hashtag Black Lives Matter, at least in part, because of a report disseminated by the Fusion Center that warned law enforcement of scheduled Black Lives Matter protests [archive.is/UgS3Y]. The implication was that these protests may be a threat against the lives of law enforcement. This was racial bias spread through a nationwide system with little oversight resulting in a horrible mistake. The Oregon DOJ's director of civil rights was not targeting police — he was sharing the cover of a hip hop album [archive.is/0d73M].
It is hard to know the future implications of labeling Portland protests “riots” or protesters “domestic terrorists,” but the parallels to the actions of our government in the 1960s should give us pause. The surveillance, labeling, and incarceration of protesters, especially Black protesters, because of their alleged criminal or terrorist activity is a well-worn trope. And while it may not surprise, it should still shock. [end excerpt]
* "Pro-immigrant demonstrators rally outside Peter Thiel’s SF home" (2017-03-11, sfgate.com) [archive.is/ydGeX]
* "Protest Against Palantir ICE Government Surveillance" (2017-03-11) [archive.is/xuuRY]:
To carry out its raids on undocumented immigrant families, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will soon get a helping hand from one of President Donald Trump’s rare allies in the tech industry, Palantir Technologies Inc. co-founder and chairman Peter Thiel.
Peter Thiel's surveillance company Palantir is reportedly finalizing the digital framework for a potential mass deportation operation, should President Donald Trump decide to go that route.
Come protest this terrifying expansion of the surveillance state. Come protest this threat to undocumented people.
Come rally at a rich dudes house!
* "Palantir is just about ready to help a mass deportation operation" (2017-03-02, mashable.com) [archive.is/r6WxM]
* "Trump Adviser Peter Thiel's Palantir Technologies To Aid ICE In Immigration Raids Using Surveillance And Data Analysis" (2017-03-02, ibtimes.com) [archive.is/NzCUm]
* "FBI allegedly paid Geek Squad technicians as ‘confidential human sources’ in child porn case" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/StuJV]
* "Fake news ‘flourishes’ on Facebook & Google, say publishers" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/CAHfo]
* "British ‘hacker’ Lauri Love suspended from Twitter after anti-Nazi posts" (2017-03-11, rt.com) [archive.is/o96IS]
* "Muhammad Ali Jr detained for 2nd time by TSA – after testifying in DC about 1st detention" (2017-03-11, rt.com) [archive.is/ueVYI]
* "Border Patrol in civil contempt of federal court for destroying videos" (2017-03-15, rt.com) [archive.is/1ylb0]
* " ‘Overbroad and unconstitutional’: ACLU fights search warrant of DAPL protest Facebook page" (2017-03-11, rt.com) [archive.is/aqmLx]
* "The Ever-Growing List of ADMITTED False Flag Attacks" (2017-03-07, washingtonsblog.com) [archive.is/GWbK9]
* "MacKeeper Security Researchers Discover Sensitive United States Air Force Data" (2017-03-12, mackeeper.com) [archive.is/T6Vbt]
* " ‘Holy grail’ for spies: Sensitive US Air Force documents left exposed online" (2017-03-13, rt.com) [archive.is/F67at]
Fascists have a revolving door for employment with domestic security agencies, and conduct mercenary operations against anti-fascists...
* "4Chan sleuths use ‘flight patterns’ to track down & capture Shia Labeouf’s anti-Trump flag" (2017-03-11, rt.com) [archive.is/9Bfnc]:
An anti-President Donald Trump flag livestreamed from a secret outdoor location has been stolen by online sleuths, who painstakingly monitored flight and weather patterns to track down the symbol of the “He Will Not Divide Us” movement.
Marshalled by Hollywood actor Shia Labeouf, the “He Will Not Divide Us” project is a response to Donald Trump’s election as the 45th president of the United States.
The project has become famous for its troubled livestreams, where followers turn out at different locations to chant “He Will Not Divide Us” into a camera.
The crew’s February stream outside the El Rey Theater, Albuquerque, was abandoned after shots were fired in the area. LaBeouf was also arrested at one exhibition for punching a man who made a comment about Hitler into the live feed.
On March 8, the decision was made to livestream a flag emblazoned with the group’s message in an “unknown location” for the duration of Trump’s presidency (retrieved 2017-03-12) [archive.is/i7hfz].
But in a matter of hours, saboteurs figured out Labeouf’s flag hideaway was in a Tennessee field, despite only having views of the sky to go on.
Footage shows how the flag was replaced by a Trump T-shirt and a “Make America Great Again” hat.
Comments on Reddit, 4Chan and Twitter suggest the flag’s capture was aided by online sleuths studying “plane contrails” and even star patterns.
Screengrabs from a 4Chan message board also suggest weather forecasts were also monitored [youtube.com/shared?ci=UAXbjC4pJoU].
Another, and perhaps the most telling giveaway of the flag’s location, was a recent picture of LaBeouf in a Greeneville, Tennessee cafe.
While social media has gone wild over the bizarre game of “capture the flag,” not everyone is convinced of the investigative methods.
“The feat is impressive enough without having to pretend that stars and contrails contributed,” wrote one Reddit user, adding: “In the end it was good old-fashioned luck and manpower that accomplished the capture.”
Another claimed: “The planes may have helped a little, but the stars and sh*t are bulls*t”.
from the Committee to
FREE 'EM ALL!
End the Drug War! Stop Jim Crow! Close the Torture Chambers! [solitarywatch.com] [facebook.com/incarceratedworkers] [supportprisonerresistance.noblogs.org] [denverabc.wordpress.com] [prisonlegalnews.org] [prisonbooks.info] [nycabc.wordpress.com] [powmedicaljustice.com] [sacprisonersupport.wordpress.com]. Become a Human Rights Pen Pal! [link].
* "Whistleblowers Vs. The State" (2017-03-10, Carey Wedler) [archive.is/SncuJ]
* "The Abuse Goes On: The Corrupting Dynamics of Power in a Texas Prison" (2017-03, rashidmod.com) [archive.is/ixNqH]
* "End prison slavery in Texas now! Part II: Class consciousness and international solidarity" (2017-03-06, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/CQRRu], by Keith ‘Malik’ Washington, chief spokesperson for the End Prison Slavery in Texas Movement and deputy chairman of the New Afrikan Black Panther Party Prison Chapter (NABPP PC), Texas Region
[begin excerpt]: The motto and mantra of the New Afrikan Black Panther Party Prison Chapter is: “We seek to turn these slave pens of oppression into schoolhouses of liberation.”
The struggle to abolish prison slavery has already become a national movement. You would be hard pressed not to find a prisoner in Amerika unaware of this struggle. Our next step is to introduce our struggle to the world in order to garner international support. But the question is: Are we a world of nations or communities?
The United States of Amerika has become an empire – the U.S. won’t allow a nation to exist. Therefore, we’ve become a collection of communities. I believe Comrade Tom Watts describes it best when he says:
“Revolutionary Intercommunalism is the theoretical understanding that the world that we live in today has become globalized and the principle contradiction in the world is now between the need of the capitalist-imperialist ruling class to consolidate their global hegemony and the anarchy and chaos they are unleashing by attempting to do so, including the threat of a new world war. Revolutionary Intercommunalism recognizes that because of this globalization, independent nation states can no longer exist as such, and cannot exist except as temporarily ‘liberated territory’ besieged and undermined by the forces and agents of capitalist imperialism.”
In the spirit of Revolutionary Intercommunalism, which was introduced to us by Dr. Huey P. Newton, we the members of the IWOC (Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee, a project of IWW) have reached out to Amnesty International and said:
“We the prisoners inside the United States are human beings. We are members of the world community. We contend that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights should apply to us! Help us throw off the yoke of slavery!”
This is what we are saying and this is what Amnesty International says:
“We are ordinary people from across the world standing up for humanity and human rights. Our purpose is to protect individuals wherever justice, freedom, fairness and truth are denied.”
If my understanding is correct, then we will be seeing unprecedented support for our abolition movement.
The goal of Revolutionary Intercommunalism is to overthrow capitalist imperialism and create a “dictatorship of the proletariat.” The proletariat are the workers. You who cook food, mop and sweep runs, pick vegetables, plant crops, fix plumbing, press and wash clothes – you are a worker! The founding fathers of this country said it!
Now it is time to change that narrative: Amend the 13th Amendment! Abolish legal slavery! [end excerpt]
* "What happened at Vaughn prison? At Vaughn prison and elsewhere, we should demand transparency and stand with the inmates who dare to affirm their humanity" (2017-02-27, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/zp9K3], photo captions:
- Isaiah McCoy, formerly on death row, explains why prisoners at Vaughn have long known the prison is a powder keg.
- After 18 hours of negotiations overnight, prison officials had a backhoe break a hole in the wall of C Building at dawn, and law enforcement stormed it en masse. Calling all 120 prisoners housed there “suspects” in the murder of a guard, they were forced to lie face down on the concrete until they were escorted off the yard one by one. – Photo: NBC10
* "Psychological warfare in prison: Segregation is the soul breaker" (2017-02-28, by Ahjamu Baruti, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/xkPJF], photo caption: To protest solitary confinement, perhaps the most dreaded form of torture in prison, 30,000 prisoners in California simultaneously went on hunger strike in 2013, winning an end to indefinite solitary confinement that had meant daily torture for many prisoners for decades. Here, Jerry Elster MCs a rally in support of that hunger strike, on July 13, 2013, five days after it started.
* "On death row, art is a way to win hearts and minds" (2017-02-28, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/qL8A9], illustration caption: Untitled artwork that might be called “Tennessee Death Row vs. Grim Reaper” – Art: GDongalay Berry
* "Zolo Agona Azania is FREE – and he needs our help" (2017-03-01, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/ucQHA], photo caption: Zolo Agona Azania walks free Feb. 6 after 35 years in Indiana prisons, 27 on death row. – Photo: Democracy Now!
* "Lynne Stewart, people’s lawyer, freedom fighter, presente!" (2017-03-10, by Mumia Abu-Jamal) [archive.is/oZxD7], photo caption: On June 17, 2013, when Lynne Stewart had been awarded compassionate release but was still locked in federal prison, dying of cancer, her husband and tireless campaigner for her freedom Ralph Poynter announced a daily vigil in front of the White House. The following day, when this photo was taken, several supporters had joined him, but often he was there all alone. Lynne was finally freed on Dec. 31 of that year. – Photo: Workers World
* "Remembering Lynne Stewart. A People’s Lawyer" (2017-03-09, by Stephen Lendman) [archive.is/uIYHb]
* “Free Lynne Stewart, People’s Lawyer” – Art: Kevin “Rashid” Johnson, 1859887, Clements Unit, 9601 Spur 591, Amarillo TX 79107
* "As Their Trials Begins, Climate Protecting 'Valve Turners' Say 'Shut It Down' Is 'Necessity' " (2017-03-10, commondreams.org) [archive.is/y95qg] [begin excerpt]:
The self-proclaimed “Valve Turners” have been charged with crimes ranging from burglary to criminal sabotage. (Another charge, “assemblage of saboteurs,” has been dropped.) One of them, Ken Ward, was tried January 30. A divided jury refused to convict him and the judge declared a mistrial. A re-trial has been scheduled for May 1. Trials for the others are anticipated to take place this spring and summer.
The Valve Turners are asking to present what is called a necessity defense. [...]
Despite the arguments for allowing a necessity defense, the judge in Ken Ward’s case refused to let him present it. As a result, the Skagit County jury was forbidden to hear the testimony of leading climate scientists that would have let them understand what the “greater harm” of climate change really was or learn that it could legally decide that Ward’s action was justified by necessity. But Ward in his own testimony explained what had made it necessary for him to act as he did. He gave the court two charts: One, from NASA, showed that for 400,000 years carbon in the atmosphere had never reached 300 parts per million, but that is now over 400. The other projected a five-foot sea-level rise for Skagit County by 2050 – and showed all the county’s low-lying tulip fields under water with all its refineries islands between them.
While there has been no account so far of what actually happened in the jury room, the outcome was that jury refused to convict on any charges. Ward and his attorneys regard this as a huge victory. As Ward put it, “This was, arguably, a more powerful result than winning in a necessity defense. They were given no indication that they could do that – and yet they did it anyway.”
It remains to be seen whether subsequent defendants will have the opportunity to present a full necessity defense to their juries. [end excerpt]
* "New release of Black Panther file reveals FBI rigged investigation of murdered policeman" (2017-02-26, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/4hKV6]:
Buried in the Federal Bureau of Investigation file of deceased Black Panther leader Wopashitwe Mondo Even we Langa (formerly David Rice) are secrets still hidden by Bureau censors, missing records, a misleading letter to a New Jersey Congressman, and a handwritten note revealing the FBI called off the search for a policeman’s killer just four days after the officer was buried.
Mondo was deputy of information for the National Committee to Combat Fascism in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1970 when he was accused of murdering a policeman with a bomb. The NCCF was a Black Panther affiliate organization targeted by the FBI under an illegal and clandestine counterintelligence operation dubbed COINTELPRO.
Mondo was on a secret detention list called the Security Index, and Director J. Edgar Hoover ordered the Omaha FBI office to get Mondo off the streets. Mondo died serving a life sentence for murder on March 11, 2016, at the Nebraska State Penitentiary.
The heavily redacted file contains three pages of content still censored from public release 46 years after the crime. Many redactions go to protect the identity of informant OM T-7. The three redacted pages of interview information were “immediately furnished to the Intelligence Division of the Omaha Police Department.”
The sequence of the pages in the file suggests the unknown source may have been one of three men arrested in possession of dynamite in Omaha three weeks before the fatal bombing. Charges were dropped against all three men several days after the trial that convicted Mondo and co-defendant Edward Poindexter, NCCF chairman.
The “smoking gun” of a counterintelligence operation in the case was a handwritten notation about the cancellation of a test by the FBI Laboratory of a recording of the 911 call which lured Patrolman Larry Minard Sr. to his death. The test, to discern the identity of an anonymous caller, was ordered by Hoover to be conducted informally, with no written report.
Five days after Hoover’s command for a verbal report only, the assistant special agent in charge of the Omaha office called FBI headquarters and cancelled the test altogether, even before the arrest of the prime suspect, 15-year-old Duane Peak. As there is no legitimate investigative reason to cancel a test of the 911 recording of a killer’s voice just one week into the murder probe, the call from the Omaha FBI office speaks to a fixed outcome.
Mondo’s FBI file details the close collaboration between the Bureau and the Omaha police. By 7:45 a.m., FBI agents had been briefed by a police inspector about the 2 a.m. bombing and had swung into action. “Omaha Office offered assistance in covering out-of-state leads and FBI Laboratory facilities offered. Omaha advised it had notified military and Secret Service, was following closely, and alerted its racial informants in pursuit of investigation.”
Photo caption: Mondo (then David Rice) and Ed in a news clipping at the time of their highly publicized trial
Mondo and Ed in more recent photos
END PATRIARCHY! COMBAT MISOGYNY!
* "The Socialist Origins of International Women’s Day; From the beginning, International Women’s Day has been an occasion to celebrate working women and fight capitalism" (2017-03-08, jacobinmag.com) [archive.is/MrpPY]
* "Woman Speaks Out After Man Appears to Defile 'Defiant Girl' Statue: 'Why Feminism Exists' " (2017-03-10, insideedition.com) [archive.is/gSqMZ]
* (2017-03-09) [archive.is/qy6XA]: Almost as if out of central casting, some Wall Street finance broseph appeared and started humping the statue while his gross date rape-y friends laughed and cheered him on. He pretended to have sex with the image of a little girl. Douchebags like this are why we need feminism.
THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY IS FOR LIFE, NOT FOR PROFIT!
* "Why Appalachia (and the Whole Nation) Needs a Single Payer Healthcare System" (2017-03-10, commondreams.org) [archive.is/9wK0U] [begin excerpt]: The ACA has taken necessary steps toward a universal system, but it has fallen short. Approximately 27 million people remained uninsured after the landmark legislation was passed and an acceptable reduction in cost was not truly achieved. Supporters of the ACA aimed to bend the curve on ever-increasing healthcare expenditures and while this was accomplished, they still accounted for 18% of GDP last year.
The United States remains the only developed country with a system based on for-profit insurance companies. We are spending the largest amount per capita ($8,000+) on healthcare expenditures of any nation in the world, but without the best outcomes. The leading cause of bankruptcy in the United States is medical bills, and an estimated 45,000 deaths annually can be attributed to lack of health insurance. Over 100 million Americans forgo professionally recommended medical care due to cost each year. Clearly, we have work to do. A single payer system by way of a Medicare for All structure would allow coverage for all Americans and would actually reduce spending. [end excerpt]
* "The Republican House of Horrors Offers a Terrifying Healthcare Vision" (2017-03-07, commondreams.org) [archive.is/LsATw]
* "Medical Doctors Accept Industry Payments—Oh Yes!" (2017-03-10, by Catherine Frompovich) [archive.is/eg5Ji]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
Campaigns, info, and more [SanPabloBayEPA.blogspot.com]. Science [discardstudies.com]. [blog.savesfbay.org] [ecowatch.com]
* "The Story of Rachel Carson: How One Woman’s Love for Nature Changed the Way Humans View the Environment" (2017-03-04, articles.mercola.com) [archive.is/kS6hh], introduction: Rachel Carson, a celebrated author and renowned environmentalist, was born in 1907 in Springdale, Pennsylvania, and raised in a home without central heat or running water
Environmental regulation only emerged following the release of Carson’s landmark book, “Silent Spring”
Carson believed that the balance of nature was a major force in the survival of man
* "Navy’s pick to review Shipyard cleanup fraud also faked data" (2017-03-09, by John Shutt, All City News) [archive.is/glwud], photo caption: Attorney Angela Alioto, left, and her co-counsel, Joshua Boxer, right, represented Lennar executives Gary McIntyre and Clementine Clarke in a 2007 lawsuit against their employer alleging Lennar allowed clouds of toxic construction dust to escape from the site, exposing neighbors and schoolchildren to potentially lethal airborne asbestos. Lennar tried to prevent and punish their efforts to blow the whistle on the environmental problems, but their concerns were borne out when Lennar contractor CH2M Hill was found to have falsified data from onsite dust and asbestos monitors. – Photo: Michael Macor, SF Chronicle
* "Oil and gas industry notches win with EPA emissions ruling; EPA said it's listened to state concerns and reversed course on methane emissions disclosure" (2017-03-03, UPI newswire) [archive.is/WyKRO]
* "Carbon dioxide not ‘primary contributor’ to global warming, EPA chief says" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/y9DA6] [begin excerpt]:
Scott Pruitt, President Trump's new administrator of the US Environmental Protection Agency, does not think carbon dioxide is the primary contributor to global warming, a belief his own agency contradicts. [...]
“I think that measuring with precision human activity on the climate is something very challenging to do and there's tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact, so no, I would not agree that it's a primary contributor to the global warming that we see,” Pruitt said.
"But we don't know that yet. ... We need to continue the debate and continue the review and the analysis," he said.
Pruitt’s statements run contrary to the EPA website, which definitively states: “Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas that is contributing to recent climate change.”
Scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) also disagree with Pruitt. [...]
In the interview, Pruitt said that the EPA should focus on reducing regulatory uncertainty, which he said has put a “paralysis on development.”
“Regulatory certainty is something we need to focus on at the EPA and that’s what we’re trying to re-instill in the agency presently,” Pruitt said. “This idea that if you're pro-environment you're anti-energy is just something we've got to change, so that attitude is something we're working on very much.”
Pruitt also called the Paris Agreement, an international accord to mitigate the impacts of climate change, “a bad deal” and said that he would soon be making an announcement on changes to the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards, which set the average fuel economy for new cars and light trucks. [end excerpt]
* "Argonne invents reusable sponge that soaks up oil, could revolutionize oil spill and diesel cleanup" (2017-03-07, Argonne National Laboratory, anl.gov) [archive.is/TMhgV]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA: Health and the Human Ecology
Monopolists enforce a regime that does not recognize the natural right to health and life. Info [detoxproject.org].
* "Speak out to stop dangerous cuts to EPA" (2017-03-10, ufw.org) [is.gd/sPM5er]:
Details are emerging about Donald Trump's plan to slash funding for the Environmental Protection Agency — and the consequences are serious. It appears corporate interests are the only winners.
The latest reports President Donald Trump's planned cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency would slash its workforce by almost 3,000 employees and its budget by $2 billion. It would reduce the EPA staff by a fifth, just in the first year. The cuts would include key programs including those that impact farm workers’ lives.
One of the cuts includes a 94% cut to research on studying endocrine disruptors which are chemicals often found in pesticides. The research would nearly be eliminated, dropping from $7.5 million to $445,000. Endocrine disruptors, can interfere with the body's reproductive and developmental systems. Young children who are still developing are especially vulnerable. Where would this leave farm workers and their children, who live in areas often surrounded by pesticides?
An internal memo obtained by multiple news outlets on March 1 called for a complete dismantling of the Office of Environmental Justice and elimination of a number of grant programs that address low-income and minority communities. This program has a goal for all communities to enjoy the same degree of protection from environmental and health hazards, and have equal access to the decision-making process to have a healthy environment in which to live, learn, and work. This office was founded under President George H.W. Bush in 1992.
The cuts not only affect rural communities. Another cut includes beach water quality testing of bacteria levels of beaches throughout the country. The $9.5 million budget would be eliminated. Still another cut directly affects the beaches in Southern CA, as sewage and garbage from Mexico frequently sweeps into San Diego during winter rainstorms. The EPA has funded work there to slow the flood of garbage into the Pacific Ocean. This program would be cut from $3 million to $275,000.
Another cut is closing the office of Public Engagement, so there will be even less transparency and accountability to you and me.
Congress can and must stop Trump's budget. The EPA is already underfunded and we cannot let him cripple the agency charged with protecting the health and safety of our communities.
While the details are still emerging, it's clear that Trump has declared war on our environment and he doesn't care who suffers as a result. EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt will no doubt scale back enforcement of many critical laws, but Congress has to approve his proposal to slash the budget and severely debilitate the agency's role in protecting American families. Tell your members of Congress to reject all attempts to slash EPA funding!
* "Mercury in Compact Fluorescent Lights is Contaminating Homes and Environment" (2017-03-10, wakingtimes.com) [archive.is/nkTPW]
* "An Open Letter To World Health Organization’s EMF Project Requesting Non-Thermal Radiation Adverse Health Effects Be Recognized And Conflicts Of Interest Purged From The Evaluation Working Group" (2017-03-11, by Catherine Frompovich) [archive.is/Dhx4H]
* "Can—Or Is—Wi-Fi Manipulating Human DNA?" (2017-03-10, by Catherine Frompovich) [archive.is/Ok2fA]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY SOVEREIGNTY Think-tank
* "New Materials Could Turn Water into the Fuel of the Future; High-throughput materials discovery approach puts solar fuels on the fast track to commercial viability" (2017-03-06, Berkeley Lab, newscenter.lbl.gov) [archive.is/4q08D]
* "Elon Musk pledges to solve South Australia’s energy problems in 100 days or do it for free" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/PJe7h]
* "Three European countries want to create artificial power island in North Sea" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/sq2JI], illustration from (Energinet.dk):
* "French, Spanish companies set for more wind power off coast of France; Two French and Spanish energy companies have pre-qualified for as much as 750 megawatts of new wind power off the coast of France" (2017-03-07, UPI newswire) [archive.is/UUAeL]
* "Wind energy gaining traction, U.S. trade group says" (2017-03-07, UPI newswire) [archive.is/3ZOgE]
* "US wind generation reached 5.5% of the grid in 2016; 5 Heartland states now more than 20% wind-powered" (2017-03-06, American Wind Energy Association, awea.org) [archive.is/1Uufg]
* "3-D printing with cellulose World’s most abundant polymer could rival petroleum-based plastics as source of printing feedstock" (2017-03-07, Massachusetts Institute of Technology) [archive.is/7qwm5]
* "Turning food waste into tires Eggshells, tomato peels add strength to sustainable rubber" (2017-03-06, Ohio State University, news.osu.edu) [archive.is/L6jN8]
* "Polymer additive could revolutionize plastics recycling" (2017-02-23, Cornell University, news.cornell.edu) [archive.is/RKPJA]
* "Scientists use nanoparticles, ultraviolet light to turn CO2 into fuel; The new catalyzing technique could be applicable to other important chemical reactions" (2017-02-23, UPI newswire) [archive.is/yntoo]
* "Light-driven reaction converts carbon dioxide into fuel; Illuminated rhodium nanoparticles catalyze key chemical reaction" (2017-02-23, Duke University, today.duke.edu) [archive.is/iqO9D]
* "Dual-purpose biofuel crops could extend production, increase profits" (2017-01-10, petross.illinois.edu) [archive.is/n5k45]
* "Potential biofuel crops in Hawaii may successfully sequester carbon in soil Sugarcane and napiergrass can store 3 times as much carbon in soil as is lost in the short term" (2017-01-04, University of Hawaii Manoa) [archive.is/23RAu]
* "Biofuel produced by microalgae" (2017-03-03, Tokyo Institute of Technology, titech.ac.jp) [archive.is/VVtMm]
* "A Better Way to Farm Algae" (2017-01-27, Syracuse University) [peeep.us/51f8139f]
* "Cathay Pacific to cut emissions with switch to biofuel" (2017-01-31, AFP newswire) [archive.is/lf47m]
* "Handheld sensor determines biofuel content of diesel blends" (2017-12-06, salunda.com) [archive.is/78GQk]
* "DuPont Industrial Biosciences Awarded Grant for High-Efficiency Biogas Enzyme Production; Enzymes Increase Biogas Production from Organic Waste Material, Offering New Revenue Stream and Increased Renewable Electricity" (2017-01-26, DuPont) [archive.is/f2L3T]
* "Largest Populus SNP dataset holds promise for biofuels, materials, metabolites" (2017-01-07, Oak Ridge National Laboratory) [peeep.us/242058ae]
* "Yeast cell factories make gas, jet fuel alternatives; Scientists report they have designed yeast cell factories that can produce sustainable alternatives for non-renewable fuels" (2017-03-09, UPI newswire) [archive.is/98mUz]
* "IU chemists create molecular 'leaf' that collects and stores solar power without solar panels; The new molecule harvests sunlight to create useable material from carbon dioxide in the atmosphere" (2017-03-08, Indiana University Bloomington, news.indiana.edu) [archive.is/Roebb]
* "Printable solar cells just got a little closer" (2017-02-16, University of Toronto, news.engineering.utoronto.ca) [archive.is/np0sk]
articles recommended by the Committee for
Protect Earth's Sentient Life!
* "Horned activists soak themselves in ‘blood’ to protest bullfighting in Spain" (2017-03-13, rt.com) [archive.is/0epr0]
* "New technology platform propels the use of 'organs-on-chips' " (2017-03-08, Brigham and Women's Hospital) [archive.is/s8oRP], summary: A novel technology platform has been developed that enables the continuous and automated monitoring of so-called 'organs-on-chips' -- tiny devices that incorporate living cells to mimic the biology of bona fide human organs.
ANIMAL RIGHTS: Save the Whales!
* " ‘Horrific’: Animal rights groups slam Norway for killing pregnant whales" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/8X7EQ]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the process of fascism and for whom it benefits. [UnitedStatesFascism.blogspot.com] [exposefacts.org] [ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/index.html]
* "Our Age Of Folly. America Abandons its Democracy" (2017-03-09, by Dr. Paul Craig Roberts) [archive.is/uqfCP]
* "Wall Street spent a record $2bn trying to influence US elections – report" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/gNwlm]
* "Blueprint for a Balanced Budget 2.0" (Republican Study Committee) (.pdf) [is.gd/auV667] [begin excerpt]:
In contrast, the Republican Study Committee budget will enable a brighter future for America. The RSC’s Blueprint for a Balanced Budget 2.0 fulfills the charge of President Reagan: to protect freedom and securely hand it down to the next generation.
By balancing the budget in just 8 years, creating a flatter and fairer tax code, increasing access to capital, unleashing America’s energy potential, providing certainty for job creators, freeing up education for innovation, and repealing and replacing Obamacare, this budget provides liberty, opportunity, and security for the American people.
This budget makes the necessary reforms to our nation’s health and retirement programs to
save them and ensure they remain strong for current seniors and future generations. For those stuck on the lower rungs of the economic ladder, this budget reforms important safety-net programs to empower families and pave the way for future success. Finally, this budget provides the necessary funding for our national defense and makes certain our men and women in uniform have the resources they need to meet the challenges posed by
America’s enemies around the world. Together, these changes reduce overall federal spending by $8.6 trillion over the next decade. [end excerpt]
* "A Blueprint for Balance: A Federal Budget for 2017" (2016-02-23, The Heritage Foundation, heritage.org) [archive.is/SrRXW] [begin excerpt]:
The Blueprint for Balance provides detailed recommendations for the annual congressional budget. Congress needs to drive down spending – including through reform of entitlement programs – to a balanced budget, while maintaining a strong national defense, and without raising taxes. [end excerpt]
* "Treasury urges Congress to raise US debt limit to avoid default" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/svZA9]
* "Profitable Companies, No Taxes: Here’s How They Did It" (2017-03-09, nytimes.com) [archive.is/Yx89Y]
* "How 90% of American Households Lost an Average of $17,000 in Wealth to the Plutocrats in 2016" (2017-03-06, commondreams.org) [archive.is/R1h12]
* "Corporate Interests Give Tens of Millions to Dismantle Legal Rights of Consumers and Patients; Lobbying Disclosures Reveal Undermining Accountability Is a Top Priority for Big Business" (2017-03-10, citizen.org) [archive.is/D4Fpn]
* "ACLU Actively Assisting w/ Soros-Driven Protest Organization AFTER ACCEPTING FUNDS FROM The Open Society Institute" (2017-03-09, 4thmedia.org) [archive.is/pyYFk]
* "FOIA fail: 'Most transparent ever' Obama administration spent $36mn to hide records in 2016" (2017-03-14, rt.com) [archive.is/MvSaj]
* "U.S. renewables a job engine, trade groups say More than 3 million jobs supported by industries tied to renewable energy" (2017-02-22, UPI newswire) [archive.is/kh1qf], which shows how profitable and potentially important such technology can be for the USA economy, yet, despite such evidence, renewable energy technologies are being ignored or abolished by the private-sector economic bureaucracies who are invested in hydrocarbon energy extraction and affiliated industries.
* "Kansas senator compares Planned Parenthood to Nazi concentration camp" (2017-03-15, rt.com) [archive.is/trSvx]
President Donald Trump's regime -
* "It's Happening: Media Warns About Trump 'Gutting' the State Department" (2017-03-05, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/80bb9]
* "#Vault7: US will use ‘full force of law’ if WikiLeaks dump contains factual info, Pence warns" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/9Gh75]
* "Trump administration orders resignation of remaining Obama-era US attorneys" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/5vMMq]
* "Jeff Sessions open to investigating Obama’s DOJ" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/pXqUi] [begin excerpt]: Hewitt claimed that some scandals were under-investigated, such as alleged discriminatory behavior by the IRS against Tea Party and conservative organizations, as well as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) decision to sell weapons illegally in order to trace them to Mexican drug cartels. [end excerpt]
Referring to the "selective targeting" by the IRS against conservative organizations, this was found to be a fake controversy involving organizations lead by people who were disingenuous about their finances and intent for political campaigning. It has also been shown that the IRS does engage in selective targeting against organizations which are anti-war, are socialist, or which criticize the domestic security agencies, a practice which may continue unabated.
* "Top NSA Whistleblower: Intelligence Agencies DID Spy On Trump" (2017-03-05, washingtonsblog.com) [archive.is/U6e2S]
* "Trump’s Pay or Die Healthcare Plan" (2017-03-09, by Stephen Lendman) [archive.is/jyqDU]
* "Ryan Scrambles as Many Republicans Say Healthcare Plan Not Cruel Enough; On top of energetic resistance from progressives and Democrats, the AHCA has been met with skepticism and flat-out hostility from the far-right" (2017-03-08, commondreams.org) [archive.is/ruxEX]
* "10 Things the Media Will Get Wrong About Trump’s Executive Order on Immigration; A State Department veteran clarifies what is and isn’t unprecedented about the travel ban" (2017-03-07, theamericanconservative.com) [archive.is/Zv5dO]
* "Trump’s pick for commerce leaves Russia questions unanswered" (2017-02-26, mcclatchydc.com) [archive.is/LeroV]
* "Trump’s FDA Pick Has Extensive Industry Ties and Dangerous Deregulatory Ideas; Statement of Dr. Michael Carome, Director, Public Citizen’s Health Research Group" (2017-03-10, citizen.org) [archive.is/BZlnZ], intro: Today, media outlets indicated that President Donald Trump will nominate Dr. Scott Gottlieb to be the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner. Gottlieb is a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, a partner at one of the world’s largest venture capital funds – New Enterprise Associates – and a former FDA deputy commissioner.
USA FASCISM: Military State
* "Inside Diego Garcia, America’s highly secretive military base; A two year investigation reveals the US military’s poor treatment of contract workers on the controversial island" (2017-03-14, newint.org) [archive.is/HZFcH]
* "Lockheed Martin introduces Paragon direct attack bomb" (2017-03-02, UPI newswire) [archive.is/nOqXt]
* "U.S. Naval Research Lab develops light, transparent armor" (2017-03-08, UPI newswire) [archive.is/jdkB4]
* "Intelsat General becomes Airbus channel partner for military satellite communications" (2017-03-08, airbusdefenceandspace.com) [archive.is/YsOIJ]
* "Leonardo subsidiary to buy laser technology company Daylight Solutions; Leonardo's U.S. subsidiary is buying Daylight Solutions, a developer and supplier of quantum cascade laser products and technology" (2017-03-08, UPI newswire) [archive.is/nNp3J]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Nations exist alongside the Federal [archive.is/VXoPR], and State governance [archive.is/Cz2uF]. Demographic maps: 2000 [archive.is/nXHXz], 2010 [archive.is/nKbSA], religion [archive.is/XArBS]. The New Afrikan nation, and the nation of Nueva Aztlan, each have their own separate sections on this news page.
Sovereign nations of the "Indian Country", and of traditional lodges.
Map [archive.is/s4FYb]; News [indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com] [bsnorrell.blogspot.com]
* " 'We Exist, We Resist, We Rise': Thousands March for Native Nations; 'Standing Rock was just the beginning' " (2017-03-10, commondreams.org) [archive.is/ezEmI]
* "Native Americans march on White House over Dakota pipeline" (2017-03-10, AFP newswire) [archive.is/eKdPk]
* "Standing Rock Sioux Tribe Bulldozed School at Sacred Stone Camp; Sacred Stone Camp School Bulldozed by Tribe, Following Eviction and Arrest of Water Protectors by Militarized Police" (2017-03-09, bsnorrell.blogspot.nl) [archive.is/E4V0T]
* "Khow dzee haitih duuwah dzah RESOLUTION NO. 007-17?" (2017-03-07, by Simon Ortiz, Acoma Pueblo, Professor, Department of English, Arizona State University) [archive.is/6wgeG]
* "Native Americans picket White House in #NoDAPL protest" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/mNO6e]
* "Petaluma builder adds structures to Standing Rock site" (2016-12-19, petaluma360.com) [archive.is/ydvN1]
* "Federal Court Affirms Tribe’s Right To Water Under Reservation" (2017-03-10, Derrick Broze) [archive.is/ZFPzA]
* "Shuswap band carves canoes for 1st time in 60 years 'Being able to be taught to do something my ancestors were doing — it’s like I'm following in their footsteps' " (2017-02-08, cbc.ca) [archive.is/bQCuy], photo caption: Tanner Francois (L) poses with Frank Marchand (R). Marchand, from the Okanagan Indian Band, is helping members of the Little Shuswap Indian Band — including Francois — carve two canoes.
USA Homeland's resident nations:
American Nation, including the State Sovereignty campaigns, and Dominionist Campaigns. [tenthamendmentcenter.com]
* "The Golden State of Hate: California’s Extremist Roots Run Deep" (2017-02-28, capitalandmain.com) [archive.is/FSeam]
* "The Problem that Didn’t Go Away: White Nationalist Activity on Georgia State University Campus, November 2015 to December 2016" (2017-03-08, by Atlanta Anti-Fascists, via Itsgoingdown.org newswire) [archive.is/yOYCI]
* "Documentation: Racist and Far-Right Stickers around Georgia State University Campus, Fall 2015" (2015-11-06, afainatl.wordpress.com) [archive.is/IYCsp]
* (2017-03-12, Gunnar Angeles) [archive.is/ze5Ll]: The Marxist origins of a McDonald's commercial mascot that later became appropriated by the Alt-Right to ironically promote white supremacy.
* "Anticom: Are you ready to stop Antifa and perform your patriotic duty?" (retrieved 2017-03-16) [archive.is/jUkOt] [begin excerpt]: Henceforth, the purpose of this organization shall be to better our communities through altruism and volunteer work, defend America’s most vulnerable, and shelter the innocent against the threat of radical leftist terrorism. When necessary, we will use non-lethal force to deter violence against both property and life. [...]
Requirements and Standards to Join:
We strongly believe that conservatives and centrists of all colors, creeds, and classes can successfully band together to fight the menace of radical far-left violence. As such, we will not deny membership based on ethnicity or other similar conditions. However, due to the physically and emotionally strenuous situations which Anticom members may be placed in, we require that prospective recruits pass the USMC’s physical fitness standards. We feel that these requirements are very reasonable. [end excerpt]
The polarization shill uses several techniques in order to subvert a group. The first step is to attack the philosophical underpinnings of the group. This is done by either linking a philosophically sound idea to an unsound one through false equivalence, or by provoking the group into discarding their philosophy in favor of a group ideology and therefore group identity. Since ideologies do not need to obey logical rules, this is the ideal outcome for the shill. This unsound philosophy or ideology is then taken to its most extreme illogical end through other subversive means such as constant repetition. Once at the extreme illogical end, the group will either have disintegrated, suicidally attacked a larger group, or is ready to be used as a pawn by the subverting elements, which will add or remove ideological positions at whim, as the group identity takes precedence over logic.
This example of groupthink, group polarization and manipulation subversion is commonly seen in communist, sjw, goon and other jew-controlled groups.
Example: For a National Socialist philosophy the healthy existence of the nation is essential so the nation should be protected against attack by opposing groups. The shill enters and makes a false equivalence that a harmless group is actually harmful. If the logic of the accusations are questioned, the shill immediately attempts to confuse the issue or attacks the identity/character of the questioner. All efforts will be made to silence the questioner, as the shill will fail if he is discovered. Once the questioner is silenced and the false equivalence has been cemented throughout the group, the shill then provokes a heightened sense of hatred and/or paranoia against these groups and attempts to direct all thought and aggression toward them. Individuals who have been silenced will either quit in disgust or be killed to keep them silent, and the shill will work to cement control to steer the now fully subverted group to his own ends.
* "White Evangelicals Believe They Face More Discrimination Than Muslims; A new study suggests different groups of Americans see their country in radically divergent ways" (2017-03-10, theatlantic.com) [archive.is/vzNoZ]
* "Jury splits conspiracy convictions in 2nd trial of Oregon wildlife refuge armed standoff" (2017-03-11, rt.com) [archive.is/vhAZp]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the global economic dictatorship
* "The A.I. Economy, An Open Secret: 'Why The Market Never Crashes' " (2017-03-11, by Mac Slavo) [archive.is/CF5VZ]
* " 'We are all doing it': Employees at Canada's 5 big banks speak out about pressure to dupe customers; Calls for parliamentary inquiry following Go Public investigation" (2017-03-15, cbc.ca) [archive.is/DT4YE]
Nationalize all banks and financial institutions ... little known fact: .. in the 70s our govt stopped taking loans out from the BoC ( a bank owned by the citizenry of Canada , designed to issue loans at low or 0% interest , repayments would then funnel back into canadian society ...roads ,..healthcare etc..) since then we get loans from private banks at compound interest .... in 2009 that = the tune of 160 million $ / day .... a day .... that we are paying in interest payments on loans that would be considered illegal if the govt in the 70s hadnt changed the laws ...
Nationalization fixes this ...
* "Britain threatened with £2bn EU fine after Chinese gangs evade customs duties" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/Myk1f]
* "Britain owes EU two billion euros after China import fraud: probe" (2017-03-08, AFP newswire) [archive.is/gIPwb]
* A set of articles on the rise of the "Alternative Right" in the European Union and USA (silkroute2.com) [archive.is/3TV04]
* "WFTU statement on the privatization program of Kazakhstan" (2017-02-19, wftucentral.org) [archive.is/QueK1]: According to Kazakh finance minister, 407 state-owned objects have been sold in Kazakhstan within the privatization program which started in June 2014. During that period 26 of the sold objects were owned directly by the state, 73 objects – by the state companies and holdings, 101 – by socio-entrepreneurial corporations and 207 by municipal administrations.
The privatization program of Kazakhstan government aims to reduce the state’s participation in the economy to 15 percent, which is the level set for countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
The World Federation of Trade Unions representing 92 million workers in the 5 continents condemns the sell-out of the state property. The WFTU struggles in order to safeguard the public property in favor of the working class and its interests and calls the peoples to join the international class oriented movement in this direction.
* "Rothschild Makes Dismal Admission — His Financial World Order Now 'Threatened' " (2017-03-11, by Jack Burns) [archive.is/DS0dp]:
RIT Capital Partners fund issued its 2016 year-end report in late February [archive.is/InOZB]. While the company was pleased to report a net profit of 12.1 percent and total shareholder returns hold at 14.2 percent, the company, and its chairman Lord Jacob Rothschild, seem preoccupied with risks associated with political and economic instability.
Rothschild announced that while the funds’ assets are at an all-time high, the announcement comes, “Against a background of daunting uncertainty and political turmoil.” Going further, he stated a more ominous warning. “At this time of upheaval and uncertainty, our investment portfolio will continue to be well diversified,” he wrote comforting his shareholders their fund’s portfolio would be as protected as possible from any coming downturns in the market.
However comforting the report may be for individual investors, Rothschild’s final comments loom large over the mostly positive economic report. He wrote, “There could well be a period ahead of us when the avoidance of risk is as high a priority as the pursuit of gain.” The investment banker’s chosen word of “period” seems to indicate a coming downturn in profitability, even though for the past five years the fund has realized a profit of more than 1 billion euros.
According to the report, Rothschild and his very powerful family have a vested interest in preserving their assets. “RIT Capital Partners plc is an investment company listed on the London Stock Exchange. Its net assets have grown from £280 million on listing in 1988 to over £2.7 billion today. RIT is chaired by Lord Rothschild, whose family interests retain a significant holding,” the issue reveals.
If the fund, whose value is at an all-time high, suddenly declines, falling with it will be a large portion of wealth the Rothschild family enjoys. Although, any such declines would hardly come as a surprise to the Rothschild family who reportedly controls much of the world’s wealth and has a hand in nearly all of the world’s banking institutions, including the Federal Reserve, as some have stated.
The chairman’s statement continues with what some might say is an ominous and uncertain view of the future. “Since the last World War, we have enjoyed some 70 years of patiently crafted international cooperation, which is now threatened,” an apparent reference to Brexit and the UK’s referendum to withdraw from the European Union.
“Against this deeply worrying geo-political situation,” he wrote seeming to highlight the potential of WWIII if the Syrian conflict continues, “one can point to a number of positive investment factors.” Echoing many statements made by the current U.S. president, Lord Rothschild stated he was hopeful corporations would receive a break in government imposed revenue. He said, “in the US, the proposed tax reduction for companies and individuals,” was a favorable policy change for his fund’s portfolio.
Echoing President Trump’s call for deregulation, Rothschild also was reportedly pleased with the “reforms of an over-regulated system.” Likewise, in step with Trump’s call to exponentially increase spending on America’s failing transportation infrastructure, Lord Rothschild is pleased. However, Trump’s call for, “increases in fiscal and infrastructure expenditure…come at a time late in the business cycle, when the labour market is close to full employment,” means there’s no forecast of immediate returns on infrastructure spending forecasted in the future.
The banking and financial baron also seemed to lament that “wage increases up by some 4% over the last few months” a factor which affects the bottom line for every company. He also stated across the fund’s portfolio will also be affected by rising interest rates. “Valuations are at the high end of their historical range, inflation is returning and in these circumstances, it is likely that interest rates in the US will rise meaningfully,” he said. And coming from the man whose familial connections and financial partners control the Federal Reserve, he should know.
information collected by the
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL
[SolanoPeaceJustice.blogspot.com], for justice, dignity and human rights in accordance with the 1966 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (.pdf) [is.gd/TftqGs], and an end to the USA's endless wars, in harmony with Principle 1 & 6 of International Law [archive.is/tmncz], the 5 protocols of the Convention on Conventional Weapons (CCW) [archive.is/LhUTj], and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights [archive.is/U1Ota].
* "How we got here; The misuse of American military power and the Middle East in chaos" (2017-02-22, nationofchange.org) [archive.is/OKSFY]
* "Washington’s Benevolent Mask Is Disintegrating" (2017-03-09, by Paul Craig Roberts) [archive.is/9Ckqz]
* "American Carnage: Fighting the Forever War" (2017-03-09, 4thmedia.org) [archive.is/M6Y3i]: [begin excerpt]: These sites of carnage are the cities and towns, mountains and deserts of Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, and other places that we don’t even find out about unless we go looking. They are the places where the United States fights its endless wars. [...]
Joe Haldeman’s 1974 novel, The Forever War, which won the three major science fiction prizes, a Hugo, a Nebula, and a Locus, was about a soldier involved in a war between human beings and the Taurans, an alien race. Because of the stretching of time when traveling at near light-speed (as Einstein predicted), while soldiers like Haldeman’s hero passed a few years at a time at a front many light-years from home, the Earth they’d left behind experienced the conflict as lasting centuries.
Published just after the end of the Vietnam War — fought for what seemed to many Americans like centuries in a land light-years away — The Forever War was clearly a reflection of Haldeman’s own experience in Vietnam and his return to an unrecognizable United States, all transposed to space.
In 1965, Haldeman had been drafted into that brutal conflict, probably one of those that Donald Trump thinks we didn’t “fight to win.” It certainly seemed like a forever war while it lasted, especially if you included the French colonial war that preceded it.
But it did finally end, decisively, with an American loss (although, in a sense, it’s still being fought out by the thousands of Vietnam veterans who live on the streets of our country).
After the attacks of 9/11 and George W. Bush’s declaration of a Global War on Terror, some people found the title of Haldeman’s novel a useful shorthand for what seemed to be an era of permanent war. It gave us a way of describing then-Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld’s vision of a new kind of war against an enemy located, as he told NBC’s Meet the Press on September 30, 2001, “not just in Afghanistan. It is in 50 or 60 countries and it simply has to be liquidated. It has to end. It has to go out of business.”
More than 15 years later, after a decade and a half of forever war in the Greater Middle East and parts of Africa, al-Qaeda and the Taliban are still in business, along with a set of new enemies, including Boko Haram in Nigeria, Chad, Niger, and Cameroon; al-Shabaab in Somalia; and ISIS, which, if we are to believe the president and his cronies, is pretty much everywhere, including Mexico.
In a war against a tactic (terrorism) or an emotion (terror), it’s hardly surprising that our enemies have just kept proliferating, and with them, the wars. It’s as if Washington were constantly bringing jets, drones, artillery, and firepower of every sort to bear on a new set of Taurans in another galaxy. [end excerpt]
* "Global Arms Sales Paint Chilling Picture of World at War" (2017-02-21, theantimedia.org) [archive.is/n4TfV]: Global sales of major arms systems have risen over the past five years to the highest volume since the end of the Cold War, according to the Stockholm International Peace Institute’s (SIPRI) annual report on arms sales [archive.is/l4Gls].
SIPRI, an international institute that researches “conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament,” said on Monday that more weapons were delivered between 2012 and 2016 than any other five-year period since 1990. Between 2007–2011 and 2012–2016, arms imports by national governments in the Middle East rose by 86 percent.
As noted by the Guardian [archive.is/eT1gT]: “Saudi Arabia, which leads a military intervention in Yemen that has costs hundreds of civilian lives, was the world’s second largest importer after India, increasing its intake by 212 %, mainly from the US and the UK.”
However, there are some issues with the Guardian’s statement. First, according to the U.N., well over 10,000 civilians have been killed [archive.is/QJEDg], a staggering difference when compared with the Guardian’s watered down reference to “hundreds of civilians lives.” The vast majority of these civilians have been killed directly by the Saudi-led coalition [archive.is/m7YQz]. Second, the Saudi-led war can hardly be called an intervention considering the brutal and illegal nature of the ongoing operation. The term “war of aggression” is more appropriate [archive.is/BQzv9].
As a result of this cozy Saudi-U.S. relationship, Saudi arms imports have tripled during the war in Yemen. The Obama administration sold the oil-rich kingdom at least $115 billion worth of weapons, as Anti-Media has previously reported [archive.is/gnS9z].
SIPRI’s report concluded that Asia was the main recipient region in the world. India was seen to have dwarfed its rivals, China and Pakistan, by accounting for 13 percent of global imports. Most interesting, however, is that India relies primarily on Russian imports as opposed to NATO countries, further complicating alliances in the region.
Together, the United States and Russia have supplied more than half of all exports. Unsurprisingly, the United States continues to remain the world’s biggest arms dealer.
Iran, the country that has been vilified as the world’s biggest sponsor of terrorism and regional aggressor [archive.is/4ho64], received a mere 1.2 percent of the region’s arms transfers. Conversely, arms imports into Qatar, alone, have risen by 245 per cent.
The report’s damning conclusions reaffirm what many have been warning about for some time now, including former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev: the whole world is preparing for war [archive.is/xnco1].
* "Trump Invades Syria" (2017-03-08, ronpaulinstitute.org) [archive.is/ep4rS]
* "Swedish Doctors for Human Rights (SWEDHR) Denounce White Helmets Video, Macabre Manipulation of Dead Children and Staged Chemical Weapons Attack to Facilitate a No-Fly Zone in Syria" (2017-03, by Prof. Marcello Ferrada de Noli, SWEDHR chair) [archive.is/e8FiA]
* "Terrorism with a 'Human Face': The History of America’s Death Squads Death Squads in Iraq and Syria. The Historical Roots of US-NATO's Covert War on Syria" (2013-01-04, by Prof. Michel Chossudovsky) [archive.is/ZYj4g]
* "Civilians in Iraq “Die by Mistake” as a Result of US Air Raids, Humanitarian Catastrophe in Mosul" (2017-03-09, globalresearch.ca) [archive.is/0a4iI]
* "Human Rights Watch Releases Disturbing Report on US-Backed War in Yemen" (2017-01-16, theantimedia.org) [archive.is/QJEDg]
* "Despite 10,000 civilian casualties in Yemen — 13 per day — U.S. reaffirms support for Saudi Arabia U.N. warns of 'appalling levels of human despair' in Yemen, while the U.S. stands by its 'key ally' Saudi Arabia" (2016-09-02, salon.com) [archive.is/m7YQz]
* "US Client States Steal 60 Percent of Yemen’s Oil While Seven Million Yemenis Starve to Death" (2017-03-05, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/cqTiA]
* "Saudi-led strikes in Yemen may amount to war crimes, arms sales to Riyadh should stop – HRW to RT" (2017-03-12, rt.com) [archive.is/qtTLL], video [is.gd/AU8KG8]
* "Made in Britain, tested on Yemenis: The reality of working for the bombmakers; Saudi jets bombing Yemen begin life in Lancashire factories. Workers there ask how else can they earn a living" (2017-03-09, middleeasteye.net) [archive.is/ueeS0]
* "Tony Blair’s arrival at Iraq-Afghanistan war memorial sparks backlash" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/DkDbJ]
* "Drone Wars watchdog crowdfunds legal challenge to beat British military secrecy" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/Amhx8]
* "British aid money used to ‘indefinitely detain’ migrants in Libya" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/rwzsr]
* "US Contemplates Attack Against North Korea" (2017-03-05, strategic-culture.org) [archive.is/xyeEU]
* "US Rejects Talks over North Korea, Declaring 'All Options on Table'… Including War against the DPRK?" (2017-03-09, wsws.org) [archive.is/ZzB90]
* "Washington Considers Military Action Against North Korea to Force Regime Change" (2017-03-07, by Stephen Gowans) [archive.is/TDgqF]
* "US rebuffs China over N.Korea talks" (2017-03-08, AFP newswire) [archive.is/FobrT]
* "Statement of the 15th Meeting of the Network in Defense of Humanity; 'Emancipatory Communication or Colonized Homelands' " (2017-03-07, cuba-networkdefenseofhumanity.blogspot.com) [archive.is/kYgFr]:
The Network of Intellectuals, Artists, and Social Movements in Defense of Humanity expresses its solidarity with the people and the Government of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in these moments when the sponsors of the media war and terrorism against Venezuela, Cuba and the ALBA countries have been renewed and intensified their interventionist intentions by trying to destabilize them as part of the imperial policy of "regime change" in countries considered hostile to the diplomacy of war coming from Washington.
With the new technologies of information and communication, without us even realizing it, millions of citizens are being watched, spied on, controlled, and their information filed by States that are carrying out a massive clandestine surveillance. This campaign is taking place in alliance with military security apparatuses and giant corporations of the web. In a parallel and complementary way while this new era of the “post truth” (or the art of the blatant lie) is falling into place another war is happening in the fields of ideology and culture. All of this is being waged by the network of the hegemonic media against our people in the Americas.
Both of these processes are being promoted by the United States, their European accomplices, and the Fascist Government of Israel, through an increasingly criminal and militarized form of capitalism. Lately, Cuba, Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia and other countries in the region, have been the main target of media terrorism by imposing imaginary collectives with content related to the dominant ideology. This is being done through media cybernetics, both audiovisual and graphic to manipulate and control conscience in a massive way.
It is foreseeable that the irregular and asymmetrical wars will strengthen and deepen. As is well known the current wars have also been waged in the media field under the form of irregular conflicts. The Pentagon gives great importance to the ideological struggle in the field of information and the role of the media as a political and strategic weapon. This has also developed into a source of exorbitant profits for the owners of corporations. Beyond what happens in reality, the battle for control of the narrative, as they call it, military counterinsurgency is key in creating a certain perception for the consumption of global audiences.
While promoting full spectrum wars in several countries of Latin America, the Pentagon and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is intensifying their open and clandestine actions against constitutional and legitimate Governments. In an ongoing way the scripts for the coup d’état made in the U.S. for Venezuela exhibits successive stages of intoxication, misinformation and distortion through the mass media under monopoly control. This is combined with unilateral and extraterritorial measures of psychological coercion and seditious and violent actions articulated in the digital networks of large corporations on the web, political parties and leaders of the international right. NGO's, foundations, religious cults, organized crime and paramilitary groups, and transnational economic groups are all being utilized. An appearance of legitimacy by regional bodies such as the Organization of American States (OAS) also plays a part in the scheme. In short, these are various levels of the media turned into weapons of psychological war.
The intensification of militarism and interventionism against the Bolivarian revolution and other countries of ALBA is coming from the directives of the Pentagon that is now operating with the largest military budget in history. This is not conventional war but one about asymmetric enemies which are not limited to the rules of international and national laws and restrictions and utilizes the use of paramilitary groups, death squads and mercenary organizations operating under the facade of private security companies.
This "full spectrum of domination" covers a policy in which the military has a common objective with the economic, media and cultural spheres. Since the spectrum is geographical, spatial, social, and cultural, to impose the domination, it is necessary to manufacture consent by installing certain symbols into the so-called civil society and after repeating it over and over gets turned into “common sense”. It is incorporated into the collective imagination in an uncritical manner and introduced as a unique vision of the world from the point of view of the hegemonic power. That means the formation through manipulation that legitimizes 'public opinion' into the model of imperial domination.
Through an intense international media siege, in the fabrication of consent, they use double standards and simplistic and false presentations of reality. They remove the root causes, the context, the memory and the history of the struggle of the Venezuelan people for justice and their national sovereignty. The key for them is manipulation of the emotions of the population through the narrative of mass media, with its myths, half-truths, and outright lies.
At the same time the social construction of fear, through media terrorism for the control of the society, rests in a system of indoctrination, aimed at colonizing. This appears in an array of opinion directed against their enemy to stigmatize and set into motion a process of destabilization to plunge the society into chaos.
Based on the distortion of the parameters of journalistic ethics, through the manufacture of "breaking news", (or turning lies into truths) the psychological destabilization carries with it a bias to foster classism and racial hatred. The campaign includes economic warfare that plays into the anger of the middle sectors of the population through hoarding and created shortages of basic needs including food and medicines, sabotage of electricity and spreading rumors of water contamination.
The populations of the ALBA countries, and in particular, those of Venezuela, Ecuador and Bolivia have been the target of constant campaigns of toxic disinformation through messages and images intended to strip them of all political and ideological reference which do not respond to the logic of the Empire. At the same time, since the triumph of the revolution in 1959, Cuba has been the target of destabilization by different communication experiments ranging from the manipulations of AP and UPI news agencies during the invasion of the Bay of Pigs, the creation of Radio and TV Martí in the era of Reagan and Bush’s father, up to the more recent horizontal communications, via Internet, illegal and a secret communication network known as ZunZuneo, entered into the parameters of unconventional cyber warfare.
As noted in the framework of the 15th Meeting of the Network in Defense of Humanity entitled; “Emancipatory Communication or Colonized Homelands", the subjugation of the sense and values that founded the culture of the people of Our America, the main objective, "from the United States is to annihilate any hope of an alternative road to the dictatorship of capital and the continuation of their usual path of destruction of life and the planet".
That is why revolutionary processes like the Cuban, the Venezuelan, the Bolivian, and the Ecuadorian models are subject to fierce and immoral campaigns of propaganda with the support of the political corpses of the right, such as Felipe Calderon, Alvaro Uribe and Mariana Aylwin, along with their organic intellectuals Mario Vargas Llosa, Jorge G. Castañeda and Enrique Krauze. And now they are operating with the full support of the Secretary General of the OAS, Luis Almagro, who has been directed to not only discredit the progressive political models and their leaders, but also to call for the destruction of these societies and their economic base.
It is in the face of the ravages of the ultra-reactionary right and its sponsors in Washington, members of the Network in Defense of Humanity have gathered in Caracas to discuss in a free manner the need to develop new creative media, with new semantic content and new ways to transmit them. This is imperative in order to break the siege of media disinformation trying to stifle the revolutionary spirit and willingness of these countries to continue to pursue radical change in their societies.
Our network promotes transparency of States, the protection of the personal data of citizens and stresses the key importance of digital sovereignty. We recognize the contribution of those who have revealed the secrets of the Empire and informed us all about the magnitude of global espionage.
The publication and democratization of information is crucial for the sovereignty of the people. That is why we support a system of protection for informants and are in favor of the liberation of WikiLeaks Director Julian Assange and an end to the persecution of Edward Snowden.
We condemn the occupation of the territory of Haiti by MINUSTAH, as an imperialist offensive against our people that the corporate media is silent about. We demand that the right of self-determination for the Haitian people be respected and that appropriate processes be initiated towards reparations and justice; in particular for the crime of the introduction of the cholera. We also support the just claim of reparations for the genocide of slavery in the Americas.
We support the people of Mexico against the proposal to greatly expand the construction of the wall on the southern border of the United States that further criminalizes Mexican and other migrants in Our America as the scapegoat of the new Republican government.
We challenge the United States Government to declassify all information of the media wars against governments and revolutionary processes of Our America, like the one that is currently taking place against Venezuela. We demand the abolition of the Executive Order which declares Venezuela as an unusual and extraordinary threat to the security of the United States. We also reject the offensive and false accusations against the Executive Vice-President of Venezuela, Tareck El Aisami.
In short, it is all about producing a real participatory and emancipatory system of communication as an initiative which to be fruitful must come from a local, continental and global strategy. It will take our sum efforts, talents and creative abilities to make revolutionary reasoning for the peoples of the South, against the capital media dictatorship, to prevail.
FEBRUARY-MARCH 2017 - The ORGANIZER SUPPLEMENT 3 Interview with GENE BRUSKIN, long-time union organizer, co-founder of U.S. Labor Against the War (.pdf) [is.gd/2fBRAc]:
- [Question]: What is your reaction to the Trump address to the joint session of Congress?
- [Gene Bruskin]: Up till now, Trump has shot himself in the foot with his outrageous politics and demeanor. That has helped us. But his Feb. 28 address to Congress was more polished; it disguised the insidious agenda that he is proposing. Trump’s call for a massive $54 billion military buildup is appalling and unacceptable. He is explicitly taking the money from the public sector and social programs to fund the military buildup: Public libraries, social services, Medicaid, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the National Endowment of the Arts (which funds community theaters in places as far away as Nebraska), and so much more are going to be shut down. Trump’s “America First” is going to put American working people last, but it’s not just American workers who are targeted; everybody around the world is targeted. His domestic policies are linked to his war policies abroad. On both fronts, Trump is determined to resolve all matters through force and violence. On the home front, it’s with more cops and more ICE agents; on the international front, it’s with more guns and military bases. Trump thinks he can run the country and the world like he runs a corporation. If you ex- press any disagreements, you’re out. It’s frightening. Trump has managed to present the United States — the richest and most militarized country in the world — as the victim of the rest of the world. He has turned everything on its head. This is how, for example, he can justify his goal, not abandoned, of seizing Iraqi oil.
- [Question]: What should the labor movement do about it?
- [Bruskin]: This is a crisis moment for the labor movement, which totally tied its aspira- tions to a failed party: the Democratic Party. Labor is now everyone for themselves. It is far from clear that anyone is listening to what [AFL-CIO President Richard] Trumka has to say. The Building Trades are severely compro- mised. Not only did they turn their backs on the rest of the labor movement, they turned their backs on labor’s allies. They met with Trump, who put his arm around them all, only to punch them in the ribs. These unions think they’re going to get good union jobs from Trump on pipelines or infrastructure. Think again. What they’re going to get is more deregulation, a federal “right-to-work” law, and the elimination of Project Labor Agreements and Davis Bacon [paying local prevailing wages on federal pub- lic works program — Editors]. Trump may create jobs, but it won’t be jobs that working families can live on. There will be a huge shift to private companies that hire non-union labor. All you have to do is look at Trump’s cabinet. It is filled with billionaires whose wealth came from deregulation, cheap labor, privatization, and massive speculation — all at workers’ expense. We’re paying for their wealth. The unions that supported Bernie Sanders are talking to each other. They need to develop a counter-pole around a platform of demands that could include the fight for a $15 mini- mum wage, infrastructure (but the massive public works program that we want (rebuild- ing schools, public transportation, road, bridges, national parks with union labor at union scale), Single Payer, no more deporta- tions, union rights, etc.
- [Question]: May First is just around the cor- ner. Shouldn’t this be a Day Without Workers, in addition to being a Day Without Immi- grants?
- [Bruskin]: Yes, absolutely. In the spring of 2006, when I was organizing workers at the Smithfield packing plant in Tar Heel, North Carolina, the workers walked into the office and announced they had decided to close the plant. And they did it. The bosses couldn’t retaliate. They needed these workers and couldn’t take any action against them all. [This was when millions of immi- grant workers and their allies were marching in cities across the country to oppose the anti-immigrant Sensen- brenner Bill — Editors] What is hopeful is that there has been an unprecedented response and protests across the country from many thousands of people from all walks of life to object to Trump and what he represents. People are in mo- tion and saying NO to sexism, racism, homophobia, Islamophobia, rule by billionaires, cutting health- care, and the entire Trump agenda. The challenge for the left it to help organize the outrage.
3rd Annual SHUT DOWN CREECH
April 23-29, 2017
National Mobilization to Resist Militarized Drones and Perpetual Wars
Killer Drones: Obama’s Tragic Legacy Handed to His Successor!
Resist Drones in the Trump Regime!
SHUT DOWN DRONE KILLING
Please join us next month in the beautiful Nevada Desert just north of Las Vegas for the 3rd Annual Weeklong Amazing Peace Convergence known as: Shut Down Creech. Be part of the global effort to RESIST Drone Killing and Global Militarization.
Where: Camp Justice Peace Encampment, across from one of the most key drone control bases in the U.S. (Alternatives to camping are available)
RESIST MILITARISM, PROPAGATE FEMINISM!
Our updated WEBSITE [http://shutdowncreech.blogspot.com] and REGISTRATION FORM [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOd6pP03D-7U_ds98JmxpIwLtHyPLktHyu3QjouzrGHPk6LQ/viewform] are waiting for you! CHECK THEM OUT! Though not required, Registration better enables us to serve everyone's needs. Please assist us by registering ASAP.
Another way to help us: Sign up on FB to get periodic updates and to inform us who is interested:
FB: Shut Down Creech 2017 [https://www.facebook.com/events/354272504948358/]
For more complete info, go to ShutDownCreech.blogspot.com.
This year's preliminary program is still evolving [http://shutdowncreech.blogspot.com/p/program.html], but with our creative volunteers, Luna and Flora, co-chairs of the Programming Group, joyful & inspirational activities and embellishments are sure to please! Mike Rufo is back to ROCK US OUT on Tuesday's concert night!
IMPORTANT CHANGES: Preparations for nonviolent direct action will take place on Mon. & Tues, April 24 & 25, to prepare for a large nonviolent drone resistance action planned on Wednesday, April 26. Arriving by Mon. morning is highly encouraged so that those risking arrest, AND all support people can be well prepared. We encourage local affinity groups to consider and/or plan other forms of nonviolent resistance before arrival.
- Mon. & Tues, April 24-25, Las Vegas Trials for "Citizen's Arrest" of Creech Commander action
3 Anti-drone activists are on trial for Nov. 2016 action: Read story & watch video HERE [archive.is/50eUf]. (Joseba Zulaika and Toby Blomé are on trial Mon. and Christian Stalberg is on trial Tues.)
- Tuesday, April 25, Concert, Featuring Mike Rufo & Guests: Mike Rufo brought his rocking music & song to Shut Down Creech last year and was quite a hit. Watch this cool music video from Creech, featuring Mike Rufo on guitar by Nico Colombant.
- Wednesday, April 26, Day of mass nonviolent direct action. Plans will formalize at Camp Justice on Tuesday, following nonviolence training. Pre-camp planning by "affinity groups" encouraged in weeks before.
- Thursday, April 27, Special Event: National Bird, film screening in Las Vegas with featured guest, TBA. Time & Place TBA. FMI about this powerful documentary: www.nationalbirdfilm.com/
- Friday, April 28, "Creating A PEACE Community": Full day of formal and informal activities to help energize and build a growing anti-drone, anti-militarism global effort: connecting, debriefing, brainstorming, strategizing & nurturing. We will end with a "Celebratory Feast" and some after dinner surprises.
Now more than ever, the times demand that we resist US drone assassinations and perpetual wars!
WE MUST RESIST!
Please join CODEPINK, Veterans For Peace, Nevada Desert Experience, and Voices for Creative Nonviolence for this crucial protest at Creech Air Force Base. In each of the last two years, nearly 150 activists, including over 50 veterans, joined us from 20 different states across the country. In a series of imaginative nonviolent direct actions, involving the arrest of dozens of activists, we were able to disrupt business as usual. We would not have been so successful without the many ways everyone contributed. At this crucial point in history, please help make SHUT DOWN CREECH 2017 an even more powerful stance against drone killing and global militarism. Encourage your friends and relatives to come and "stand with" our Muslim sisters & brothers in the circle of life!
Please Contact Us and let us know how we can make Shut Down Creech even better in 2017!
Recent videos of our successful work at Creech:
- Shut DownCreech 2016, (4 min) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELLzpMLwwAM]
- Fall 2016 CODEPINK Action, (6 min) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKSISpD9B40]
- Music Video #1, (4 min) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0fmXkLS3Ts]
- Music Video #2, (3 min) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ScjMlYVvU]
(music videos by Nico Colombant)
NEW COLD WAR NEWS
* New Cold War.org Information Bulletin, Vol 2 #45, March 10, 2017 [archive.is/BInMJ]
* "Russia and China Seek ‘End of US Dollar Dominance’ ; London bullion broker explains why Russia and China are buying up gold" (2017-03-08, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/D03VH]
* "Democrats Demonize the Same Russia Policies that Obama Long Championed" (2017-03-09, by Glenn Greenwald, theintercept.com) [archive.is/usJxB]
* "The Left’s Great Russian Conspiracy Theory" (2017-03-09, by Brendan O’Neill, The Spectator) [archive.is/ZCVbC], referring to the spectrum of capitalists in the USA adhering to a form of social liberalism labeled as "the Left", as opposed to the Marxist or Anarchist Left.
* " ‘A lot of noise’: Senate legislation targets alleged Russian influence on election" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/t6Vmd]
* "Reds under every bed: US generals, senators talk Russia at ISIS hearing" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/Vryjj]
* "CIA’s UMBRAGE Allows Agency To Carry Out ‘False Flag’ Cyber Attacks; A new release of CIA documents by Wikileaks indicates that the intelligence agency has the means and the intent to mask the cyber-attacks it commits by making them seem as if they originated from a foreign power" (2017-03-07, mintpressnews.com) [archive.is/UvD2X]
* "Fresh Doubts about Russian ‘Hacking’ ; The gauzy allegations of Russia “hacking” the Democrats to elect Donald Trump just got hazier with WikiLeaks’ new revelations about CIA cyber-spying and the capability to pin the blame on others" (2017-03-08, by Robert Parry, consortiumnews.com) [archive.is/5i4WT]
* "NSA whistleblower and US Lieutenant Colonel tell Fox News ‘CIA hacked DNC’ with ‘Russia’s fingerprints’ ; Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer and William Binney weigh in on Vault 7 and the CIA" (2017-03-08, theduran.com) [archive.is/u1tQX]
* "Malware expert says ‘fingerprint’ switch shows past attacks blamed on Russia, China are work of CIA" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/NeJ1o]
* "CIA Leak: 'Russian Election Hackers' May Work In Langley" (2017-03-07, moonofalabama.org) [archive.is/1OCFF]
* "New Leaks Confirm: CIA Posed as ‘Russian Hackers’, if it wasn't already obvious" (2017-03-07, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/HRESk]
* "Wikileaks: CIA 'Stole' Russian Malware, Uses It to ‘Misdirect Attribution’ of Cyber Attacks; "Russian" hacking? It could have just as easily been the CIA" (2017-03-07, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/YtwMy]
* " ‘Great threat to global security’: Russia urges US to explain CIA hacking exposed by WikiLeaks" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/1MlBD]
* "The WikiLeaks Revelations and the Crimes of US Imperialism" (2017-03-09, wsws.org) [archive.is/blClZ]
* "Russia rebuffs US claims it violated arms control deal, follows intl obligations – Kremlin" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/SoRGw]
* "Russia Gave Ukraine a Sharp Rebuttal in the International Court of Justice" (2017-03-08, politnavigator.net, translated by Ollie Richardson) [archive.is/cEFvv]
* "Western Media Tries to Explain Growing List of Dead Russian Diplomats; Conspiracy theories about Churkin's death go mainstream" (2017-03-07, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/FNESJ]
* "Investigation Into Murder of Russian Ambassador Takes an Unexpected Turn; A Russian national has been arrested in connection with the murder of Andrei Karlov, Moscow's ambassador to Turkey" (2017-03-06, russia-insider.com) [archive.is/48gdJ]
* "Why is the Trudeau Government Escalating its Belligerence Towards Russia?" (2017-03-09, by globalresearch.ca) [archive.is/FJhtJ]
* "The US plan for Macedonia: Keep Serbia down and Russia out" (2017-03-07, Dr. Marcus Papadopoulos) [archive.is/KCTET]
* "US Targets China & Russia Under Guise of ‘Korea Protector’ " (2017-03-10, strategic-culture.org) [archive.is/TvjhO]
* "China must strengthen nuclear arsenal in response to THAAD deployment – state media" (2017-03-10, rt.com) [archive.is/WHDY4]
* "US missile system in S Korea ‘threatens regional stability’ - Russian Foreign Minister" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/DZgIM]
* "Putin invited Merkel to Moscow" (2017-03-10, novorossia.today) [is.gd/IatV7w]
* "Berlin not accusing Moscow of interfering in elections – German FM" (2017-03-09, rt.com) [archive.is/KLJ4d]
* "EU only hardened Russia with sanctions, now ‘we must talk’ – French presidential hopeful Fillon" (2017-03-13, rt.com) [archive.is/kK5EM]
* "Alert status for the month of March, we are at Condition Code Green, Defcon 5" (2017-03-09, via novorossia.today) [is.gd/QPB5jJ]:
NOVOROSSIA TODAY SPECIAL EDITION, BRINGING YOU UP TO DATE ON NUCLEAR THREATS ~ (DEFCON Warning System Is US Based)
This is the DEFCON Warning System. Alert status for 6 P.M., From Wednesday, March 1st, 2017. Condition code is Green. DEFCON 5.
There are currently no imminent nuclear threats against the United States at this time.
The DEFCON Warning System is growing concerned over the political instability currently occurring in the United States as some parties work against the interest of the U.S. in order to further their own political goals. Meanwhile, the U.S. President seems to be backing away from more bombastic foreign policy statements made during campaign, aligning U.S. policy more with previous administrations, including lessoning rhetoric against China. However, there still continues to be tension between the United States and Russia. Russia is losing its hope over better relationships with the U.S., while the U.S. looks to increase its military spending by more than 10%. Additionally, some analysts are urging the United States to develop more low yield nuclear weapons for a limited war.
Russia has recently deployed cruise missiles in violation of its treaty with United States and continues to develop railway-delivered nuclear missiles, which are much more difficult to locate prior to launch. Additionally, Russia feels threatened by NATO movements in Baltic and Poland while the U.S. moves a ship to Yemen as tension with Iran builds.
Analysis of the recent North Korean missile launch reveal a more stable, more quickly launched missile. Also in the area, The International Institute for Strategic Studies warns that China’s military development has placed it on ‘near-parity’ with Western nations, with some weapons having no equivalent.
The DEFCON Warning System is a private intelligence organization which has monitored and assessed nuclear threats against the United States by national entities for over 33 years. It is not affiliated with any government agency and does not represent the alert status of any military branch. The public should make their own evaluations and not rely on the DEFCON Warning System for any strategic planning. At all times, citizens are urged to learn what steps to take in the event of a nuclear attack.
For immediate updates, go to www.defconwarningsystem.com . Breaking news and important information can be found on the DEFCON Warning System message board and on the DEFCON Twitter feed DEFCONWSAlerts. You may also subscribe to the You Tube channel DEFCON Warning System and the DEFCON Warning System mailing list. Note that Twitter and You Tube updates may be subject to delays. The next scheduled update is 6 P.M. Pacific Time, April 2nd, 2017. Additional updates will be made as the situation warrants, with more frequent updates at higher alert levels.
This concludes this broadcast of the DEFCON Warning System.
Northbay Uprising FM Radio News is broadcast courtesy of 89.5 FM-KZCT [OzcatRadio.com]
On Ozcat Radio, tune-in online [is.gd/kJ1EUt] for:
- The Stranger News, broadcast Thursdays, 5 to 5:30pm, featuring latest news on science, technology, space, and cutting-edge research on the mind, world history, and entheogenics!
- The Northbay UpRising Morningshow, broadcast Tuesdays, 7 to 9am, with local news, and topics on Peace, the Ecology, Do-It-Yourself ideas, and Communitarianism!
- KBBF Weekly News, broadcast Tuesdays at 8:45pm, on the Northbay UpRising morningshow!
Posted by Northbay Uprising Radio at 3:52 PM